EAD application

waiting22long

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a question about EAD application.

I filed an application for EAd card in late June. NSC requested me to send a copy of photo id (driver licence or passport) in early August. I did as requested. when I checked the message later, it says "your response has been received. However, since the preliminary processing is complete, the REMAINING time for your EAD approval is about 120 days". I am not sure whether the 120 days is from the date of my initial submision (June) or the date of my recent response. My RD for I-485 is late August and I need to change job starting from October. What can I do if my EAD has not been approved before then? Does anybody hear the same message or have similar experience? Please post to help! I would very much appreciate your response.

That's standard message

I think that is standard message for RFE cases. Don't worry your case will be approved within 3 weeks after AVM update date. I know many I-485 RFE cases whose RFE message was like processing takes 420 days and got approved within 3 weeks.

Thank you, Ven123.

But I do not know if EAD processing is the same as I-485. I am crossing my fingers to pray for the same luck.