EAD Application

beccas

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I am just making this thread to ask the length of time it normally takes for one to receive the acceptance receipt for the EAD application. Just to clear up, I am not talking about the approval receipt. Rather, I am talking about the receipt that states my application for an EAD was received. I ask this since I mailed my stuff and it has been over 1 week since it was received. I know that paper mails can be slow and it is possible that it the receipt is in transit but I do not remember waiting this length of time for the asylum receipt. I really just want the number to track it on the site. I guess the paper too is very important for proof. If anyone can give me their time frames, it would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch and best wishes!

I am talking about the receipt that the forms were received. I am not talking about the approval of an EAD

I am talking about the receipt that the forms were received. I am not talking about the approval of an EAD

From my experience I can say, that I sent my application on 27th of December and according to the USPS tracking the package was delivered to them on 30th of December 2013. Later on 11th of January I received the receipt that my application was received by the USCIS on 6th of January. After that on 6th of February I received my card in mail. So exactly one month after my application was accepted by USCIS by EAD card was in hand. If I count the days from the day I sent the package it shows that I received my EAD 40 days after sending the package. So don't worry, it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the receipt. Also please note that I applied to California Service Center.

for mw it took ages :( its already since 3 months m waiting for EAD and 7 months for asylum interview