EAD Application

prajat

Registered Users (C)
I want to know if EAD is considered a petition by the employer or by the employee based on I-485 application. My lawyer is not giving me the copies of filed EAD applications saying that those are employer petitions and I have get employer's consent to get copies. I think his concern is that if he does give me copies, the next time I might file EAD on my own and he will loose business. Thanks.

I want to know if EAD is considered a petition by the employer or by the employee based on I-485 application.

------ By the employee based on I-485 application.

My lawyer is not giving me the copies of filed EAD applications saying that those are employer petitions
----- That is not true tell him that you will complaint to bar association and let him give you this in writing that EAD filing application belongs to employer
and I have get employer's consent to get copies.

----- Ask employer to get copies or send him email that if you don’t receipts you are going to complaint to bar ethics
I think his concern is that if he does give me copies, the next time I might file EAD on my own and he will loose business.

---- You are correct, lawyer plan is same as you think I hope he does not have enough work, but next time you can file directly you only need the EAD and EAD will come to you not to lawyer, you need the I-485 filing receipt for filing EAD renewal

*** give us the name of Lawyer and his email.

Thanks.

Ginnu,

Thank you for your input. I will try to get the forms in a manner that you suggested. I will ask him to give me in writing if he insists that I should get employer's consent. The lawyer is giving me such a hard time (even when I have hired and paid him to work on my Greencard and not the employer). He is still going to represent me until I get I-485 approval as I have paid him all the fees. That is why I am trying to be nice to him and don't want to spoil my relations with him. But as you saw......he is behaving unprofessionally and unethically. Thanks again.