EAD application-renewal

tombaan

Registered Users (C)
How difficult is it to do on your own? My lawyer has hiked the fee $250 which i feel is a steep hike . If the process is pretty simple I would like to do it myself.
Can you help me and let me know the documents required and tips on filing the form on line?

This is the third EAD.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tombaan .. it is the easiest process.

Have done it twice already without a problem.

The only documents that I attached were a copy of the previous EAD, a copy of the I-485 receipt and offcourse the 2 photographs.

Definitely not worth $250 to the lawyer.

BTW, I DID NOT e-file.

Good luck.

I have applied for 2 EADs by mail and the process is very simple.

You will need to send:

1. The filled and signed form.

2. Photos, copies of old EAD (front and back), copies of last I-94 (front and back), copy of I-485 receipt.

3. Although not required as per the instructions, you might want to attach copy of the I-140 approval notice if you have it available .

4. Personal check of money order (using personal check will enable you to get the EAD application SRC number quickly).

Make sure you send the package the the correct P.O. Box as listed in the instructions. You can use USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

No. you do not need to attached a marriage certificate.

Remember, you and your wife have different A #s.

The reason I went with the paper mail was due to the fact that for an e-file, you would have to set aside a day to get yourself photographed (and fingerprinted ?) later on. Why the hassle ?

Good luck.

There should be no harm in attaching the marriage certificate with your wife's application. TSC should have a copy of it in the I-485 file, but apparently they do not look in the physical file when processing the EAD applications.

They will try to find a matching record on the I-485 filing in their computer systems, which reportedly are based on the Last Name?! Therefore make sure you use the same spelling of the last names for you and your wife as the ones used in the original I-485 filing.

If they can not find a matching I-485 filing for your wife, they might need a marriage certificate to prove the relationship.

Also for EAD renewals it helps to attach the page (sheet), received with the previous EAD card (if you still have it) - it contains some special information, which helps TSC to verify the renewal and expedites the whole process.

I did regular mail for self and my wife no problem.

The papers attached is the same as gingibi.

It is better to file manually, if you want to file E-file, then have to take appointment of local INS and take a regular day off, all these hasles. when you submit your personal check you will be getting your receipt number on the clearing check from your bank.

It is very easy and pretty simple, don't waste $250 for your lawyer.

BaSh

Do we need attach another finger prints also? I think they got finger prints already from the original EAD.

What should I use for "current immigration status" in I-765?

Help! I saw my lawyer put H1-B for me and "student" for wife (F1) for our 1st EAD applications with 485. What should I use now for the renewals, AOS pending? or the same as our first ones? If I need to use H1-B, because my previous H1B date which is on the current I-94 expired already, do I need to attach another copy of my H1-B extension application?