EAD application denied after I485 approval, Please advice!

gcholder04

Registered Users (C)
While my I485 was pending, I lost my EAD card. Since I had a valid EAD card, I applied for replacement card. I got RFE asking for explanation why I needed another card and then within two weeks, my 485 application got approved.

I never sent them response for RFE. I assumed that my case would automatically be closed but after 5 months they denied my application because they never received the response. At that time, I did not care because I already had my GC.

I just recently filed my N400 application. A strange thing happened a week after my nI400 filing. I got the email notification of the denial of I765 application (EAD) again.

Would it create any problem during my interview process? What kind of supporting documentation I need regarding this?

While my I485 was pending, I lost my EAD card. Since I had a valid EAD card, I applied for replacement card. I got RFE asking for explanation why I needed another card and then within two weeks, my 485 application got approved.

I never sent them response for RFE. I assumed that my case would automatically be closed but after 5 months they denied my application because they never received the response. At that time, I did not care because I already had my GC.

I just recently filed my N400 application. A strange thing happened a week after my nI400 filing. I got the email notification of the denial of I765 application (EAD) again.

Would it create any problem during my interview process? What kind of supporting documentation I need regarding this?

I wouldn't sweat much even though you could have replied to your RFE in first place but again its long gone nothing can change that.
As far I can tell your status was never been in any kind of trouble so explain to IO only if he asks you
I would advice you to relax and focus on the test :)

I would recollect my expeience before 5 1/2 years. I applied for EAD and AP and I never got my AP or EAD. I got my GC approved and after couple of weeks, I received a letter from USCIS that my application for EAD is denied as I already became a LPR.

As such, I believe, you should be fine.