EAD/AP renewal

Marais

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody tell me, how many days ahead of expiring date a renewal for EAD and AP needs to be done?.

Thanks..

ead name in correct

Hi,

I got the ead from bcis but it is misspelled ,
Any have experience in this.
If we reapply how long it is takes.

Thanks,

emily ::)

Hey Emily,
You know how slow INS is in doing anything.
But, you can easily get an afidavit and get ur name changed to match the INS spelling.
Quick and easy !!!!

Just Kidding,
Rasmeek

Marais,

You can apply for renewal starting at 6 months before expiration. Because BCIS is slow in doing anything, its better to apply 3 to 4 months before ur EAD/AP expires. This way, if atall they don't approve ur renewal in 3 months, u can get a temp EAD from the local office at the end of 90 days of applying.

Niti.

Thank you Niti Upadhyay..
Is there anything like temporary AP also? I mean, Is there any interim AP like in EAD?

No there is no temp AP... but if you can prove that your travel is an absolute emergency, your local BCIS office does issue AP on the same day.

HTH
dyno

Re: ead name in correct

Originally posted by emilyde
Hi,

I got the ead from bcis but it is misspelled ,
Any have experience in this.
If we reapply how long it is takes.

Thanks,

emily ::)

Emily

I am not sure if you need to reapply for that. If you have your 485/765 application take it to the nearest BCIS office along wit your card and try to explain your scenario. One of my friend had his name mis-spelt in an interim EAD and got it changed the same day. Pl. post ur experience if u happen to visit BCIS.

HTH
dyno

what happens if we apply for Renewal 6 months before the expire date?

what happened if we apply for Renewal 6 months before the expire date?, I mean....If we apply 6 months before the expire date then what will be the renuwal date starts from ??, Will the date starts from the DATE the renewal is approved or the Ddate will be the same as the first EAD card???..

This is very important to know....Please let us know....

Thanks in Advance :mad:

EAD is fast

EAD renewel is pretty fast. I did electronic EAD renewal- it took less than a month. You can apply any time- the new EAD date is after the expirty of old EAD date- so there is no overlap (or loss) of dates.

AP renewal can be same day or within a week depending on local BCIS- you can apply to local BICIS.

HTH

Re: EAD is fast

Originally posted by sb_tiger
EAD renewel is pretty fast. I did electronic EAD renewal- it took less than a month. You can apply any time- the new EAD date is after the expirty of old EAD date- so there is no overlap (or loss) of dates.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please post the url for electorinc renewal/filing of EAD.

My EAD is pending approval, could I apply for AP in local BCIS office. I have to travel to India in January, 2003 but did not get my EAD approved yet ( hope to get it in next three weeks) and I did not apply for AP yet.
Planning to do so in next week. Just need to know if there is a way to expedite the AP processing by applying to Local BCIS office.
What documents do I need to present to expedite the AP processing?
I can't use my current H1B visa to travel out as it expired in June,2003 and dept of state notified me that I need to go for a personal interview at a consulate abroad for the visa stamping (H1B Renewal approved) ! Just dont want to take a chance.

Anindya_72

AP renewal can be same day or within a week depending on local BCIS- you can apply to local BICIS.

HTH

I applied for AP/EAD renewel well ahead of time. Highly advisable thing to do actally when you see the problems people run into when they leave it late or the BCIS takes longer and longer.

As stated above yes the EAD is dated from the expiry of the existing one so there is no loss of time for your money.

However ( at least for mine ) the AP was dated from the approval date so it will run out sooner.

Hello Gurus,

1) My AP will expire on 7/13/04 ( July ' 04).

2) Planning to tarvel from "June' 04 to Aug '04 ".

3) And also planning to renew AP soon.

Here is the question:-.

Can I use my present AP when I leave in June '04 and renewed AP ( assuming it will be approved and valid from July'04) to return in Aug '04 ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Marais
Advance parole is for entry into US and is not required to exit US. When you enter into US, you should have valid AP.
Hope this helps

Thank you coolone..

AP needs to be shown to everybody like Airline personnel and Immigration personnel too while leaving the country I guess, right?

Thanks..

Hi Marais
You need only I-94 when you leave US. On your return, you need to have valid Adv parole document. They give you 3 copies. When I used AP, no one (airlines,immigration& UCIS) took the copy from me. When I landed in US, I filled the I-94 (white one) and then was admitted on parole. The officer used one copy and returned the same to me.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response Coolone....!!!

My I-94 will expire in couple of weeks...!!! and I will be on EAD soon, and will be using AP for travel... What should I do in that case.?

Thanks

Documents to be attached...

Is anything else do we need to submit other than following as per latest rules?

AP:-

1) Photos – 2 ( Not earlier than 30 days) – With A # - write with pencil.
2) $ 110 Filing fee payable to US Citizenship and Immigration Services
3) Cover letter.
4) I -131 – Filled in and signed form.
5) Passport front page photo ID copy (or) Driver license copy
6) I – 485 Receipt notice Copy and I- 140 Receipt notice copy (Optional)
7) Marriage certificate (for spouse) / Birth certificates (for children) – proof of dependency.
8) I-94 – Copies (Front and Back) - Optional
9) Copy of current advance parole - Optional

EAD:-

1) Photos – 2 (Not earlier than 30 days) – Write name and “A # “ with pencil on back side of Photos
2) $ 120 Filing fee payable to “Immigration and Naturalization Service”
3) Cover letter
4) I- 765 Filled in and signed form
5) I- 485 Receipt notice copy
6) I- 94 – Copy (Front and Back)
7) Last EAD - Copy (Front and Back)
8) Marriage certificate for spouse
9) Mailer top off slip which came with the Previous EAD

Address to be sent:-

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

Thank you...

Re: Documents to be attached...

Originally posted by Marais
Is anything else do we need to submit other than following as per latest rules?

AP:-

1) Photos – 2 ( Not earlier than 30 days) – With A # - write with pencil.
2) $ 110 Filing fee payable to US Citizenship and Immigration Services
3) Cover letter.
4) I -131 – Filled in and signed form.
5) Passport front page photo ID copy (or) Driver license copy
6) I – 485 Receipt notice Copy and I- 140 Receipt notice copy (Optional)
7) Marriage certificate (for spouse) / Birth certificates (for children) – proof of dependency.
8) I-94 – Copies (Front and Back) - Optional
9) Copy of current advance parole - Optional

EAD:-

1) Photos – 2 (Not earlier than 30 days) – Write name and “A # “ with pencil on back side of Photos
2) $ 120 Filing fee payable to “Immigration and Naturalization Service”
3) Cover letter
4) I- 765 Filled in and signed form
5) I- 485 Receipt notice copy
6) I- 94 – Copy (Front and Back)
7) Last EAD - Copy (Front and Back)
8) Marriage certificate for spouse
9) Mailer top off slip which came with the Previous EAD

Address to be sent:-

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

Thank you...

This is useful Marais, added link to this thread in the Dedicated info thread.