EAD/AP Renewal

rs74

Registered Users (C)
My EAD/AP is expiring on oct 5.
My I140 got approved on July 20.
Since it is highly unlikely that I will get concurrent approval for I485, I might as well apply for EAD/AP approval for me and my wife.
What is the proceedure ?
Can I do it myself ?
Can I do it online. If so what is the site and what are the documents I need to send ?
When is the last date I can apply since it is expiring on Oct 5 ?

rs74 said:
My EAD/AP is expiring on oct 5.
My I140 got approved on July 20.
Since it is highly unlikely that I will get concurrent approval for I485, I might as well apply for EAD/AP approval for me and my wife.
What is the proceedure ?
Can I do it myself ?
Can I do it online. If so what is the site and what are the documents I need to send ?
When is the last date I can apply since it is expiring on Oct 5 ?

Dude, you better hurry. Apply befor aug 5th, that way incase your EAD is not renewed before oct 5th ..atleast you can get interim EAD because 90 days would have passed since you applied....

This is my idea but please do confirm this with other seniors around here....

Thanks,
octFiler.

He should have filed before July 05th, not august 05th. Now if he files, he has only two months left and he will have to wait for another month from Oct 05, 2004.

naanshi.

naanshi said:
He should have filed before July 05th, not august 05th. Now if he files, he has only two months left and he will have to wait for another month from Oct 05, 2004.

naanshi.

U r right, i miscalculated.

APPLY NOW !!!!!!!!
Go to http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm and download the needed forms from this site only. Sumit to right address and submit correct filing fees.
It will take maybe a couple of hours to fill out form etc. Then you need to get pictures taken for both of them. NOTE:

New Photos Required – Likely Date of Sept 1, 2004
Posted Jul 30, 2004

The Nebraska and the California Service Centers have both recently released notices that the USCIS will soon be changing its photo requirements to match the passport-style photos. The target date for the overall change is August 1, 2004 with an apparent likely implementation date of September 1, 2004. The reason for this change is to bring USCIS documents into compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization Standards on or before the October 26, 2004 deadline for this compliance.

A notice will be issued in the Federal Register within the next few days to implement this rule. Until the notice is published, the Nebraska Service Center will accept either the current style of ADIT photos or the passport style of photos. The California Service Center, in its July 26, 2004 information notice, however, requested that the new passport-style photos should be used immediately with all pertinent applications and petitions. According to a statement issued by the USCIS on July 28, 2004, the USCIS confirmed that it will begin accepting the passport-style photographs on August 1, 2004 and will phase in their use with a likely final implementation date of September 1, 2004. The U.S. Department of State has an excellent multi-page demonstration regarding the way passport-style photos should look on its WebSite.
©MurthyDotCom
Those who have already submitted photos with prior applications should not send in new photos for pending applications unless specifically instructed to do so by the USCIS. This change does not appear to require photographs for any applications or petitions that have not previously required the submission of photographs. Our experience has been that, if the photographs submitted with a filing are omitted or incorrect, the filing will be accepted but a Request for Evidence (RFE) will be issued requesting the new style of photographs. This will likely delay the processing of the case. Therefore, it would be advisable to submit photographs with the required specifications at the time of filing to avoid an RFE or delay in the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
AP renewal supporting documents checklist

naanshi said:

naanshi.

nannshi and OCtFiler,

What are your supporting documents for AP e-filing renewal? I could not find a complete supporting documents checklist from EAD/AP board.

Thanks.

I have an H1 valid and stamped till July 05 and niether me or my wife has used EAD/AP till now. Will there still be an issue if I apply now with only 2 months left ?

Also are there any supporting documents I need with online application ?

rs74,If you dont intend to use it, there is nothing to worry about......i thought may be you or your wife may be using it..if none of you is using it there there is absolutely no reason to worry .....

xstone, i dont know much about e-filing, you can definitely find more info in this forum....when i applied for ead,ap renewal 2 weeks back....couple of guys in the forums suggested not to go for e-filing as there are some problems with it....i am not sure of what the problems are or if those posts are right but anyways i filed non-electronically.......

Thanks,
octFiler.