EAD / AP renewal at local INS

zipmoon

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone renewed there EAD / AP at local INS instead of VSC ?
please share the experience i have heard people getting it in one day..

Has anyone done this in Houston ?

Thanks

I am also looking for the same info for Boston area. Please let me know what are all the doc do I need to apply for AP extension !!

I plan to renew my EAS in local Boston INS office.

It would be exciting if I could bring all the materials including the old EAD card, and in the same day I could get renewed EAD EAD card.

I wonder is it could be ture, any friends have got such experience in Boston INS office?

blrboy,
According to our attorney, following is the list of docs needed for obtaining AP document:

1. The Adjustment of Status Filing copy.
2. The Adjustment of Status Receipt Notices.
3. Both Passports with I-94 cards.
4. Your H-1B and your wife's H-4 Approval Notices.
5. 2 Photos (Green Card Style) each.
6. Any other ID (driver's license)
7. Money Orders for filing fees of $110.00 each

We're travelling abroad on 11/15/01 and our attorney has asked us to go for AP just 15 days prior to the travelling dates. So we are planning to visit Boston local INS office some time during the first week of this November. Looking at the current trends in INS approval, we won't be surprised if we receive our approvals(RD:11/30/01) before we go for AP document.

RD:11/30/01
ND:12/13/01
FP:02/23/02
EB3/India/MA

here my experience in local INS

Hi yesterday i walk-in to pittsburgh local INSoffice for renew my EAD.But they refused to renew and adviced to apply where my I485 application pending with.(VSC) so better apply to the vsc and i applied to INS VSC immediatly.And the IIO said they stopped issueing of renewal from JUNE 1st.Same will be applicable to AP also she said.

MY Rd is 10/25/01
ND 12/03/01
Ead valid thro 12/17/01-12/16/02
even thoudh i am expecting my approval any time i don't want to take a risk not renewal of EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
AP renewal in Local Office

I got my wife's AP done from Local INS office in VA. I mailed all the documents using USPS certified mail and got the AP approval in 5 days back to me.. I am not sure about the EAD card but will surely be helpful to know as my EAD is due renewal in Dec..

Hope this helps..

Thanks
Amit

I was told by my attorney that i have to file for EAD renewal to VSC since my I-485 is pending approval at VSC and moreover i applied for my EAD at VSC last year.

Share your experience if you guys get EAD and AP renewed in local office.