EAD/AP Renewal : Address(Chicago or Vermont)

Tanjore

Registered Users (C)
We are in New Jersey and we would like to renew our EAD and AP. I heard that there is a change in filing office. Is it Chicago or Vermont Service center? Currently our I-485 is pending (Vermont SVC)

Regards,
Tanjore

I filed my EAD to VERMONT, because mine is Emplyment based I485.
I think you have to send EAD file to CHICAGO For Family based 485.

I got my Receipt notice for EAD.

Hope this will help.

How do you differenciate between Employment based or Family based ? My I-140 is approved in Jan2005 and I am the primary applicant and my wife is dependent. In my previous EAD application , we have put (c)(9) in Section :16.

Can you please tell me. ?

Even I am C-9 .

If your Employers files for your green card then Employment Based GreenCard (Send to Vermont).

If your relative filed for your greencard then familybased (Send to Chicago).

Mine is Employment based, so sent to Vermont.
Hope this will help.

PS. I am not a lawyer,

You wife also sends to where your Employment based EB3 is pending to renew AP and EAD.
You are C9 employment based.
The C9 for family based is different. Its a different code.

What the message says at the beginning of the I-765 form. IT IS FOR FAMILY BASED APPLICATIONS THAT YOU SEND THE EAD/AP TO THE CHICAGO ADDRESS.It says C-9 (CFR 8 274.a.12) Aliens filing a family based application for adjustment of status who are presently required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence

If you are adjustment of status and Employment based (I think most of us in these forums) you send the forms to where your I-485 is pending

This is from Murthy.com
Effective as of December 1, 2004, the filing location for certain family-based cases will change for many I-485 (Application for Adjustment of Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), and I-131 (Application for Travel Document) cases. The change, announced on November 19, 2004, has a two-step phase-in. The first phase begins on December 1, 2004; the second, on April 1, 2005.

This change primarily affects family-based cases; not employment-based cases.WHICH I-485s ARE COVERED?

Family-Based Cases
As stated above, the category most affected is certain family-based I-485s. Neither the labor certification-based I-485s, nor the employment-based special category cases (National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Ability, Multinational Executive Transferee, and Outstanding Professor / Researcher) are part of this program.
Many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers have these types of cases.

The changed procedure affects immediate relatives who are filing their I-485s based upon approved, pending, or concurrent I-130 filings. It also includes family-based I-485s for family-preference relatives with approved I-130s and current priority dates, as well as their eligible derivative family members.

Residents of the states listed who are seeking to adjust status to permanent residence after entry as fiancées (including both K-1s and K-3s), as well as the qualifying minor children of such individuals, must file in Chicago as of the dates indicated in the two phase-in programs. The new location must also be used by battered spouses / children filing I-485s based on approved Form I-360s.

Lottery Winners

Another significant category of persons subject to the new procedures is that of visa lottery applicants. It is particularly important for these people to file accurately and at the correct location, as their cases are time-sensitive. Incorrect filings can lead to delays, which may, in turn, mean that such cases will not be approved before the annual September 30th deadline. It should be noted that the Chicago address is used ONLY for the I-485s of the visa lottery winners. It is NOT the address for initial visa lottery applications. As our regular readers are aware, we are currently in the period for filing visa lottery applications.

Miscellaneous Cases

There are a number of miscellaneous categories of I-485 cases that must be filed in Chicago. Some of these are relatively unusual, while others may be more common in particular regions. It is required that filings for these cases also be made in Chicago: Cuban Adjustment Act cases; Registry cases (for persons continuously present since January 1, 1972); beneficiaries of private bills; certain special immigrant categories; certain AmerAsians; specified Polish / Hungarian nationals previously denied refugee status; and qualified Soviet / IndoChinese refugees.

WHICH I-765s SHOULD FILE AT CHICAGO?

The I-765 Application for Employment Authorization for specific, listed categories will need to be filed in Chicago, as well. These include many family-based cases, removal-related cases, and some miscellaneous cases.

Persons filing their I-485s based upon family petitions, who are now required to file with USCIS local offices, will file their I-765s in Chicago from the effective dates indicated above.

Chicago will be the appropriate filing location for I-765s for persons who have been granted withholding of removal, those granted suspension of deportation, persons under orders of supervision following removal, certain detained foreign nationals who are paroled in for emergency / public interest reasons, persons given deferred action, and persons filing under the registry provisions.

WHICH I-131s SHOULD FILE AT CHICAGO?

Eligible persons filing Applications for Travel Documents (I-131s) requesting Advance Parole, who fit the criteria listed for the I-485/I-765 filings described above, must file in Chicago.

ADDRESS FOR FILING

The affected I-485s, I-765s, and I-131s must now be sent either to :

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, Illinois 60680

or, for deliveries that cannot be made to post office boxes :

427 S. La Salle, 3rd Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60605-1098

Last edited by a moderator:
Renew A/P

Grunggy or anybody why can help -

My first A/P was applied through attorney. Now I want to renew it myself.

Can anybody summarized what needs to be included in the filing other than the form and fee?

Hamilton said:
Grunggy or anybody why can help -

My first A/P was applied through attorney. Now I want to renew it myself.

Can anybody summarized what needs to be included in the filing other than the form and fee?

I am giving u the cover letter which I wrote to INS.. it has all the required document list also:

March 16, 2005

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
Saint Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: Application for Advance Parole Travel document for <First Name Last name>- I-485 Pending (Adjustment of Status)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I herewith file the above captioned matter together with the following:

1. Check in the amount of $165 for the filing fee.
2. Form I-131 duly filled and signed.
3. Two photographs in a small brown envelope.
4. Part 7 supplemental information.
5. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice.
6. Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card.
7. Copy of last approved Advance Parole document.
8. Color copy of driver’s license.
9. Color copy of passport’s biographic page.

Please approve the above mentioned application. If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Very truly yours,

FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
ADDRESS

Hope the information helps..