EAD & AP processing times

EAD seems to be processed in 2-3 months. But I am concerned about AP. Its been more than 100 days and I dont know when they are going to approve this ? (and the ivr says its going to take more than 6 months !)

Looks like I should get a visitors visa and visit my home country !

Krishna,
If you were to say that you should apply for a US visitor Visa , your visa request would be denied, since you applied ot AOS.

My friend Krishna02

If you have a valid H1b visa there is no problem but if you use EAD for work and you filed I485 (AOS) then you have to get AP before you leave to your country. If you depart to your country and apply for visitor visa you will be denied to enter to US even with the valid visitor visa and your process for GC will be rejected.

It is better to wait for your AP and leave without problem.

This from what I know and told by IIO.

It took me less

I don't know about you guys but it took me less than 2 months to get both. My EAD renewal and my first AP were submitted on 12/14/2003 and were approved on 2/3 and 2/4 respectively. My attorney mailed me the AP and the EAD card is still on route. Don't be alarmed if you see 90-120 days for EAD and much longer for AP, the AP form is used for several other cases and they are posting the max for the longest process.
I hope it helps,

It took me less

I don't know about you guys but it took me less than 2 months to get both. My EAD renewal and my first AP were submitted on 12/14/2003 and were approved on 2/3 and 2/4 respectively. My attorney mailed me the AP and the EAD card is still on route. Don't be alarmed if you see 90-120 days for EAD and much longer for AP, the AP form is used for several other cases and they are posting the max for the longest process.
I hope it helps,

EAD renewal NSC

EAD renewal NSC (paper filling)

RD mid Dec, 2003
AD end Jan, 2004

last EAD expiry date Mar 2004,
current EAD expiry date Mar 2005!!
is this considered lucky? :)

now i'm ready for another year of this endless waiting...

good luck to all!

Same here

My situation is the same. i was asked to submit the paperwork 3-4 months prior to expiration of EAD, and received it in 1.5 months. In return, I have an EAD that will not expire until next March (3/18/05). Go figure.......

EAD RD 12/23/03
AD 2/4/04 based on online

AP RD 12/23/03
AD - ??? online message says process time is between 480-510 days. Will I get my I-485 approved before that?

I-485 RD 10/18/02
ND 11/4/02
FP 12/10/02 - redo 1/21/03

It depends

If you are at NSC, it took me one more day and the AP was approved. You will probably get your AP prior to I-485 complition.

Will the AP and EAD will be forwarded to a new address if UCIS still send the documents to the old address(even after AR11 and calling the service center)?

well, it depends

Since you have probably submitted the new requests with the new address, if the officer is detailed oriented, you will get it to the new address, if not, then not. I have a friend who submitted his AR-11 7 months prior to being approved, and received his approval notice to the new address after his attorney called them once and made sure they are updating the address....Go figure....:rolleyes:

AP Approved

I applied for AP Jan 6th, online system shows approval 13 Feb. Still waiting for EAD, but not bad on AP.

paul, that was fast

~5 weeks. My RD for AP and EAD is Jan 15. At this pace I should see some activity by the 23rd or so. If only 485s were adjudicated at this speed...

Are the effective dates of AP from the expiry of the earlier one? Thanks