EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

kiaule said:
thanks so much for the list :)

just one question for anyone who has been through this:

is it necessary to submit copy of birth certificate? it's hard for me to obtain one right now. or would color copies of passport bio and DL do the trick?

thanks

(im applying based on pending i-485 and i-130)

It's not a mandatory document, at least for EAD. So you should be good. I had sent everything so they don't issue an unnecessary RFE.

Thanks Joyd,

It is very helpfull. Although I have question, you have mentioned in your checklist for seconday applicant: • Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card and latest H1B approval notice.

I am thinking it should be copy of latest H4. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Advance Parole Question

Guys,
I have few doubts about this application of AP I am trying to get off my way.
1) Part 2 (Application type) - Is my Option "d". (I am applying on 485 pending basis and this is my first AP)

2) AP application has lots of columns that don't concern us. What is the good practice? Leave them blank or mark them "n/a"?

Thanks Guys,

max2k1 said:
Yes -- EAD is 175 and AP is 165.

Also, I've made all checks payabe to USCIS -- and it worked....
I guess at this time they are accepting all kinds of variations on that (INS, DHS, BCIS, USCIS ) - so cool :)

Hi..Im just waiting for my LABOR CERTIFICATION to get certified after that i can apply for EAD and AP.Sorry for the basic questions i really want to know i dont have a clue.

Just wanna ask you how did u FIRST apply for EAD and AP?
What is the requirements?
What office do i go to INS - Application Support Center (ASC)?
What forms do i need to fill up?
Can you guide me thru this im so clueless. Thanks I appreciate it!

Part 1: Column 3 question for AP

Thanks Joyd, Another question:

On Part 1 and #3 of the I-131 (AP) application, The column says 'Class of Admission'. What goes there ?

Thanks !

First EAD and AP for the dependent by myself ?

Hi,

Thanks Joyd for such a detailed info. Extremely useful.

BTW, All I read in this thread was for the renewal. How about if I want to file EAD and AP for my wife without lawyer for the first time not a renewal ? Do I need to do anything special ?

Basically company refused to pay for the dependent expenses and the lawyer is too costly so we are planning to file it oueselves. Anybody has done it before ? Please advise.

Appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
- Fatichar.

fatichar (hope you are not, as your name!)

Basically it is the same process. You can use commensense and send same documents and letter. Just cut out words and documents that refere to 'Renewal or Previous'.

Why Birth certificate need to be attached for I-131

Joyd,

For Principle applicant and Spouse, why Birth Certificate is to be attached? For Dependent son/daughter, I understand the requirement.

Please let me know what is the basis for this.

Regards,

Sahil

FP for EAD

Please advise me !

I know the FP and photo taken are necessary at service center in case of E-filing.

Is FP still necessary although EAD filed in paper with I485 and (2) photos mailed as well? This is a refiling of I140/485.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can without a lawyer.

E-filing is not difficult at all, just provide your I485 receipt number for reference. You need to call USCIS and make an appointment for FP and Photos after sending out your E-file. You may find the details on the instructions of E-filing at USCIS website.

Good Luck !

fatichar said:
Hi,

Thanks Joyd for such a detailed info. Extremely useful.

BTW, All I read in this thread was for the renewal. How about if I want to file EAD and AP for my wife without lawyer for the first time not a renewal ? Do I need to do anything special ?

Basically company refused to pay for the dependent expenses and the lawyer is too costly so we are planning to file it oueselves. Anybody has done it before ? Please advise.

Appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
- Fatichar.

Date of new I-94

Hi
I am planning to submit a Advance Parole for my wife. I am planning to continue to stay in H1. My wife is in H4 but recently she started working. So I am planning to apply advanced parole for her.

I have a question. If we go to India and come back using her Adv. Parole document, will she get her I 94 stamped till 2006 (ie. the time my H1b expires) or will she get only for a year or so (time when her advanced parole expires). I guess Adv. Parole is given only for 1 year right?

Please suggest.
Thanks

question on Documents

I am applying the AP for my wife only. I am planning to use my H1B only. When applying for her AP, do I need to send my I-485 form also (apart from her I 485)??

Thanks

Here is an writable I-131 form. The one on the USCIS site is not writable.

NOTE :This one is the correct form as on 11 Jan 2005. Please verify from USCIS website, if this is the correct one, before you use it.

EAD/AP Renewal : Address(Chicago or Vermont)

We are in New Jersey and we would like to renew our EAD and AP. I heard that there is a change in filing office. Is it Chicago or Vermont Service center? Currently our I-485 is pending and we have filed it in Vermont SVC.

Regards,
Tanjore

Is there any change in the fees for AP... i sent $165.00 and they sent my application back due to incorect fees.

Ap Fee

What will be AP fee ? it show on website $165

ragz said:
Is there any change in the fees for AP... i sent $165.00 and they sent my application back due to incorect fees.

Joyd,

Please Clearify

Are the Photograph requirement different for EAD and AP or is it the same standard Passport size photos? Please specify the size requirements.

Also my Wifes EAD and AP would lapse in June.She has a Valid H4 Status.She does not plan to Travel nor to work for another 6-8 Months. Can i allow the EAD and AP to Lapse and File for the EAD and AP later on. ie are Gaps permisible in between?

When is the earliest that i can apply for a EAD Renewal? I have nealy 4 Months to go.Right now its taking VSC more then 3.5 Months to issue a EAD.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist... question

Joyd,

Thanks for putting togather a procedure for EAD and AP.

I am on H1b present and i filed I140/485 for future employment from different employer. I got my 1 st EAD and AP 8 months ago. Its time for my renewal.
I have some questions on the cover letters provided and EAD application.

For the secondary applicant why do we need to submit H1b application instatead of H4?

My wife is working on EAD. Do i still need submit either h1B or H4 copy's?

On Application I-765 in coloum 15 and 16 what do i need to mention for me and my wife?
coloum 15: Current Immigration status(H1B/H4/EAD)?
coloum 16: Eligibility under CFR274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( )

Guru's please provide me help on these questions.

veek

vivekjm said:
Thanks Joyd, Another question:

On Part 1 and #3 of the I-131 (AP) application, The column says 'Class of Admission'. What goes there ?

Thanks !

I also have same question. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!