EAD & AP filing address

Greencarddream

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I presently reside in NJ. My I-140 was approved in Jan 2007.My I-485 was filed at NSC in June 2007 and is still pending.
My EAD & AP are due up for renewal in May 2008 as per the 120 day rule.
1. Can I send my renewal papers for both EAD & AP to NSC?
2. Per the USCIS Direct filing instructions dated June 21, 2007,
a.Do I have to send my EAD papers to VSC since I reside in NJ?
b.Do I have to send my AP papers to NSC or TSC?

Thanks

According to the direct filing rules, both your AP and EAD applications would need to be sent to Texas. I don't know why you say it is VSC for your EAD, because it appears you are filing under the (C)(9) category which means you would file at either NSC or TSC depending on where you live (TSC for New Jersey). VSC is for some of the other categories, but not (C)(9).

1- From everything I have seen, yes you can. Although you are required to file at TSC, almost everybody I've seen who filed their renewals at the service center where their I-485 is pending have had no problems even if they live in the jurisdiction area of the other service center. Keep in mind, though, that TSC tends to be faster than NSC.

2-
a. No, again assuming you are renewing a (C)(9) EAD, you cannot file in VSC.
b. TSC, but if your I-485 is pending at NSC then you can file there if you wish, although according to the rules you should file at TSC.

I filed 485, 131 and 765 at NSC. 131 had an error. So, i filed again at TSC (and not NSC) as per the instructions. I got a receipt from TSC. Looks like they accepted it. Not sure if this directly answers your question, but maybe related.

JK0274,
Thanks for clarifying that. I understand my papers should go to TSC although my I-485 is pending at NSC.

Are both EAD & AP subject to the 120 day rule?

EAD & AP renewal filing address

Hello JK0274,
I reside in NJ and my I-485 is pending at NSC. As per Direct filing instructions effective July 30, 2007, I should file at TSC. Please confirm if the PO box address to which one should send the above is as below while using USPS,

TSC
PO Box 851804
Mesquite TX 75185

Thanks

For AP:
USCIS Texas Service Center P.O. Box 851182 Mesquite, TX 75185-1182

For EAD:

USCIS
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851041
Mesquite, TX 75185-1041

Problem

Hi Guys,

My friend's EAD renewal was rejected by NSC since her new residential address is in TSC area though her 485 is with NSC. I am new to this forum: What is 120 days rule? I thought that we are allowed to renew application within 6 months of old one expires. Any opinions are appreciated!

Hi Guys,
Thanks to all of sharing the information. My EAD expires on 9/11/2008 so when should apply for re-newal (Means when should I mailed thru USPS).

Thanks again to all.