EAD/AP, Durring Extended Review(I-485)??

Dhoom

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Did anyone receive EAD/AP, durring their I-485 Status was in "Extended Review" status?
In my latest visit at Infopass appointment I'm told that the USCIS may not issue EAD/AP, if you have I-485 status as "Extended Review".:mad:

-Dhoom

AP approval during additional review

I have petitioned for AP with RD of May 30th and received approval a couple of weeks ago.

Hi,

Did anyone receive EAD/AP, durring their I-485 Status was in "Extended Review" status?
In my latest visit at Infopass appointment I'm told that the USCIS may not issue EAD/AP, if you have I-485 status as "Extended Review".:mad:

-Dhoom

Dhoom,
Infopass Officers do not have a clue what they are talking. Just do not believe them. There are lots of people who have got EAD while there case was in Extended Review.
Who Knows you might even get your GC ...
SK

Thanks All

I will be still looking forward to hear from someone who have actually got a EAD approval..

Thanks
-Dhoom

I am waiting too.

Applied for EAD & AP (may be third, but never used) on July 27th and under extended review from June last week. But I still think they are not related.

Surprisingly the last NSC IO (10 days back) told me pending for security checks.
The IO at the Infopass on September 18th told me all security checks are clear on my case but pending with spouse case.

vvvunlucky,

Hope you might read the earlier posts from some of the people who have done extensive research. Though the Name Check and IBIS checks are done and clear, still they are doing some internal checks at USCIS - which are called background checks. Once these checks are completed, it goes for a review by a Jr. officer to a Supervisor / Senior Officer for approval.

So, you and me are travelling on the same boat. I applied for EAD renewal on July 27 th and also raised an SR for I-485 in July. SR reply says that my background check is still open and to contact them after 6 months if nothing is heard in the mean time. Then I filed the 2001 Form with Ombudsman and their office came back saying that if I do not hear in next 45 days, contact their office again. Congressman's office got a response that my case is in "security".

My understanding out of all this is, they are telling different names for the process but we are in the forst step of the Q. We need to go through 2 more steps. Also we have been assigned the Visa Numbers (based on PD).

Hope you should get the approval soon. Good luck.

Regards

sail1

for sail

What is form 2001.
My case has been in addtional review for over 3 years now.
Thanks

My case was stuck in this Extended Review for 3 yrs and My EADs and APs were approved without a problem. So I think there should be no problem for Ead approvals during Extended Review (according to my experience.. I am not a Lawyer :))

Info

Hi,

-Dhoom

Dhoom,
I have received e-mails from "CRIS" <USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov> saying that
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN******2018

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 21, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something
from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card,
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as
we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at
www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

FOR EAD CARD .......i was told in infopass that my case was in Extended Review.

Hope this helps you ...so just kooloff ...i know what you are going through ......we all are on the same ........

SK