EAD & AP denied but no I-485 notice

greeka

Registered Users (C)
EAD/AP was denied based on 485 - anybody has similar experience?

I got 2 different letters saying that my EAD and AP was denied because "according to USCIS records my I-485 was approved on the same date as I-140 approval". The online status doesn't show any message saying that case is approved and I also didn't get any notice about I-485. I was wondering if anybody had similar experience.

The derivative I-485 for my wife got RFE and lawyer replied to it. That case status properly shows that they received response to RFE etc. I was wondering if that application is somehow affecting my 485 application.

I also noticed that the status for my 485 hasn't changed. The last it shows is "FP results received...". Though there are changes in LUD. Does this mean anything? Is it normal NOT to see status updates and not getting any notice even though EAD/AP denletters say it is approved?

Last edited by a moderator:
greeka -- what are your I-140 and I-485 dates?

Greeka,

Could you let us know the dates for your I-140 and I-485? Is yours concurrent or semi-concurrent case?

My understanding is that the USCIS website gets updated few days after the actual approvals take place. In other posts, i read that some people got the normal postal letter even before the website got updated. Hopefully you might get the approval letters through mail next week.

Thanks for the reply vnra300. Here are my dates...

EB2 @ CSC
I-140, 485, EAD & AP: Concurrent, ND: 09/02
I-140 AD: 10/18
EAD & AP for spouse approved on 10/26 - received EAD but not AP
RFE for spouse's I-485 - replied and received on 11/04
EAD & AP for me - denied on 10/29 on the basis of approved 485
I-485 for me: no idea what's going on here?

As you said, I am hopeful that my 485 status is not updated bcoz of system glitch or something. But not sure why didn't I get any notice/approval letter. Looks like this hasn't happened to many people.

Just an update about this - when my lawyers inquired about 485 the officer said that their system shows that they have "ordered an approval" and the 485 matters are with adjudicating division now. Does anybody have any idea what does this mean?

Same situation (EAD and AP) denial

Greeka,

I have the same situation as you. Did you get the approval notice?

My EAD and AP got denied because of 485 denial. But didnt receive any 485 approval notice. It has been almost 3 weeks since approval

JackinCA,

I guess you meant your EAD & AP was denied because of 485 approval (and not denial).

I haven't received my 485 approval yet. The status still shows "Your fingerprints were received on ...". Looks like none of the adjudicator has time to look at my 485. In the mean time they did find time to approve my spouse's 485, who was in fact secondary applicant. We also received notice for that approval.

In your case, does the status show that 485 was approved? Or it is just the EAD/AP denial letter says so?

greeka,

Oops, you are right. EAD and AP denied on 485 "approval".

The online status says " Your fingerprints were received........"
Only the EAD and AP denial letter says about the 485 approval.

I did get my I-485 approval in Dec 2004. I got it after my lawyers followed up with USCIS. Later on the case records were also updated but it took few weeks for that to happen.

HTH and good luck!