EAD/AP case numbers not found!?!

DesiG

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I recently applied for EAD and AP for myself and spouse. I filled in the E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance G-1145 as well. I was very impressed when I got the text messages letting me know they received my applications. A few days later, I even got the paper copies.

However, now when I try to enter the case numbers in the online system, it tells me that the case cannot be found! This is the message I get:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

The other curious thing is this - I had originally applied for my 485 (a loooong time ago, in 2004) in Vermont, but then they moved the application to Texas. Ever since then, when I send in my applications to the Dallas lockbox, I have been getting a SRC number. However, this time I got a case number that begins with EAC (Vermont's code).

Anyone else have this happen? Please help!

Thanks!

I called the service center. Its all good - the case is legit. Apparently, the web site database is not getting updated properly with a bunch of these cases, but the case is in the "main computer".

The service center rep (second level) was very helpful, and very polite. I got through in about 1 minute.

I have same issue too that once i applied for EAD renewal online & got SRC confirmation #. However still not showing same info for case status online with the SRC# but got receipt for the EAD renewal which i believe something issue on their database.

EB3 - India - PD#Aug2003
4th renewal EAD on 06/06/2011

Update on21st June2011: i am seeing my case status on the system.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... my case still cannot be found online. Go figure.

Does anyone have an idea on how long the EAD renewal is taking? I still have 2 months on my current EAD, but it sounds like a lot of people are asking about "emergency expedite"

Thanks!