EAD and SSN

hanimi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have applied for my I485 in Feb, 01 and received EAD in May for my wife and for myself. My wife was on H4 so far and wants to use EAD to work. She has her SSN ( got it for driver\'s license) and it says not valid for work. Since she is planning to work using her EAD, does she need to get her SSN changed with a note she is authorized to work?

No Title

You can approach the SSN office and let them know, they can verify using the A# and then issue a card (allowed to work with INS autorization)

Probably Same card ...

Probably same SSN card she can work.. I think SSN will trigger the flag in her SSN file that she can start working after checking the A#.

EAD for spouse.

Hello,
I have a similar situation.
My 485 is filed and am expecting EAD soon for myself and my wife through my company.
My wife is currently on H1. After we get the EAD ,can she start working on her own and dissociate from her present employer. What sort of documentation has to be done for this , in case she plans to work on her own.
Waiting for a response as you would have gone through almost an identical process.
Regards,
Kiran

Do send a reply on : kiran112382hotmail.com

No Title

dude i have the same concern.
my wife is also on H1 but is on bench and never had a W4 form filled up. We got our EADs\' approved on 10/26/2001 as per AVM and she has a job lined up already. So please let me know if you had any clarifications about your doubts.
you can email me at farooqbh@hotmail.com
Thanks
Farooq