EAD and SSN

honeybee

Registered Users (C)
All,

I have EAD approved and I-140 and I-485 is concurrently filed. My wife is on H4 visa and her EAD is also approved. Can she apply for her SSN. Is there any issue in applying for SSN. Please advice.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

no issue...i just got my spouse SSN. Just take EAD and passport to the SS Office

honeybee said:
All,

I have EAD approved and I-140 and I-485 is concurrently filed. My wife is on H4 visa and her EAD is also approved. Can she apply for her SSN. Is there any issue in applying for SSN. Please advice.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

No issue. EAD is work authorization permit and to work - she will need a SSN. My wife got it and I know many others who got it as well.

So, go for it.

mygcwaiter100 said:
no issue...i just got my spouse SSN. Just take EAD and passport to the SS Office

How many days it took your spouse to get SSN?I applied for my spouse to get SSN based on EAD on 6/8/04 and still waiting.SS office told that it usually take 6-8 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

depends, the rep at SS office told me 2 weeks and it came within that time. We got it in East coast. you can wait couple of weeks and then call them or go to the SS office and do enqiry.

Matt04 said:
How many days it took your spouse to get SSN?I applied for my spouse to get SSN based on EAD on 6/8/04 and still waiting.SS office told that it usually take 6-8 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

I believe there will be no problem. I went to the Social Security Office with my wife and her iEAD. Filled in the Application and my wife received her SSN within 10 working days.