EAD and RFE question ?

nscnohope

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires on 01/29/02. But i have not used EAD till now. Recently i got RFE from NSC and replied on Jan 17.
I understand that RFE may be approved within 3 to 4 weeks. In that case, do i need to renew EAD ?
Once I 485 is approved and passport is stamped, can my spouse go to a job without an EAD ( I am asking this because the plastic card takes few months )?
Ur answers would be greatly appreciated.

El Liu

Registered Users (C)
EAD renewal?

Why didn\'t you renew your EAD if you are planning to use it? I think you should renew your EAD ASAP (hopefully your local INS will take "walk-in" case.) INS is unpredictable so you might want to think (in a negative way) that it will take more than 1 month to process your case.

Once your spouse has the GC stamp on your passport, I don\'t think she needs the EAD card. I believe the immigration officer might want to get the EAD card back.

nscnohope

Registered Users (C)
EAD expiry

There was no immediate need for EAD. So i did not renew. Since i have replied for RFE from INs and expect approval pretty soon, i am hesitant to apply for EAD. DOes EAD expiry mean that i cannot apply EAD after it\'s expiry ?