EAD and Match 2008

rag_g

Registered Users (C)
My wife will be applying the match of 2008 (next year). She will have a EAD card, very soon, as she is a dependent on my Employment based application.

Does she still need a H1B sponsorship or can she use the EAD card instead?

Will she have any better chances at schools that currently don't sponsor H1B?

Does she need to take Step 3, before applying?

My wife will be applying the match of 2008 (next year). She will have a EAD card, very soon, as she is a dependent on my Employment based application.

Does she still need a H1B sponsorship or can she use the EAD card instead?She can use EAD and will not need the H1B1

Will she have any better chances at schools that currently don't sponsor H1B? Yes chances on EAD are better

Does she need to take Step 3, before applying?No she doesn't need step 3. But if she passes it before her interviews, it will increases her chances of getting into a residency
All answers in red

Physicians and residents,

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays or are worried that you may be?

If you're interested in a special interest group, please visit Immigration Voice where a few physicians and residents are in the process of forming a think-tank

Visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4817
Requires free signing up. You are encouraged to come forward and connect with "paskal" and "mhb" and other physician members.

Thanking immigrationportal.com in advance for being able to communicate this message.

I am sorry to ask such a silly question - but what is EAD? Is it possible to get it with J 2 visa? How long does it take?
Thank you!

Ead

EAD= Employment Authorization Document.
Yes, you may be eligible to get this as a J-2 visa holder.