EAD and AP without Attorney work?

Rolling Hills

Registered Users (C)
Hi, there:

My attorney filed my I-485 several months ago. I want to file I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP) myself to speed up processing. Any potential problems because I will not use my attorney for EAD and AP filing?

Thanks for your reading and responding.

Rolling Hills

There should'nt be any problems. Your attorney obviously won't be able to charge you big $$$ for filing this forms which essentially take around 10 minutes to complete but you normally get billed for at least 4-6 hours of the attorney's time!!

I agree with GcFastTrack. It shouldn't be that big a deal to apply on your own. Infact, I am planning to do it on my own for my renewal. I am gathering all the information. Can anyone tell how soon one can apply for renewal before the expiry of the curent AP or EAD??

Kamal

just curious.

why didnt you apply for you EAD and AP along with your I-485? Were you paying for the lawyers fees too?

I just filed for my EAD and AP renewal. Its pretty easy. I didnt do it through my lawyer coz I just got laid off and couldnt afford the lawyers fees anymore.

if you want the AP form, I have a powerpoint file. Its the original AP form scanned, converted to jpeg and imported to powerpoint. You can then use powerpoint to fill up the form. The EAD form is fillable with adobe acrobat (but you cant save it).
- Rajesh

file your EAD extension ASAP.

Kamal,

With the way things are going at INS, apply > 90 days before EAD expiry at least. So you can go on the 91 day and get the iEAD if you dont get the EAD.

To be on the safe side make sure you apply 120days before EAD expiry. I got mine in on nov 25th. Feb 25th is the expiry. So that would make Feb 25th the 91st day. I hope I wont have to wait that long.

Another doc you may want to send is the letter/tab they sent you with your first EAD. It says 'use this for EAD renewal'. I sent mine, I'm hoping it will help in my case and expedite it.

- Rajesh.