EAD and AP renewal in VSC

kandalan

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
our second EAD's and AP's are expiring on 05/23/05. Unfortunately we didn't apply within 90 days time period of EAD renewals. If we apply it next week, and suppose we don't get EAD's within our expire date... what are the consequences we will be forced to face. What will happen to our status for the days without EAD?

Please do reply?

Thanks

For the status there is no problem. You are covered under the AOS until a decision on your 485 is delivered. Legally, you are not authorized to work during the period you do not have a valid EAD.

kandalan said:
Folks,
our second EAD's and AP's are expiring on 05/23/05. Unfortunately we didn't apply within 90 days time period of EAD renewals. If we apply it next week, and suppose we don't get EAD's within our expire date... what are the consequences we will be forced to face. What will happen to our status for the days without EAD?

Please do reply?

Thanks

I got my iEAD approved in less than a month. So dont worry! They have become very quick with approvals this year. EAD Applied Jan 10 2005, Approved Fed 08, 2005.

USCIS is either funny or very smart

do not worry. USCIS will make sure u lose sometime remaining on your expiring EAD. I applied on 2 jan 2005, approved 13 jan 2005. My EAD was expiring on 6th Apr 2005. So i lost 3 months right there. My new EAD if from 13 Jan 2005 to 13 Jan 2006. So practically got renewed for 9 months istead for 12...that's BS.