EAD and AP now...or later

vishals78

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I am filing my 485 right now but dont think I need EAD or AP since I have my H1B and dont plan to travel for atleast 2 years (plus my lawyer gives me a $2,000 discount). How hard is it to file the EAD and AP later on when I might need it. I want to understand the pro's and con's of filing it later on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guys,

I am filing my 485 right now but dont think I need EAD or AP since I have my H1B and dont plan to travel for atleast 2 years (plus my lawyer gives me a $2,000 discount). How hard is it to file the EAD and AP later on when I might need it. I want to understand the pro's and con's of filing it later on.

Any help would be appreciated.

It is not hard to file for your EAD and AP by yourself. There is a ton of information in these forums about that.

The one thing is am not sure is about the new filing fees that are in effect from July. I would probably check that and see which is feasible.

Regards.
GCVaruma.

Thanks for the prompt reply. What you are saying is that I should wait and not file my EAD/AP right now because I dont need it. Even with the costs going up next mont, I think it would also be a cheaper option. Besides you need to renew your EAD every year. I have my H1B renewed till 2010.