EAD and AP Fees

Current in June Bulletin

Mine was current in June bulletin and I applied for I-485 on June 21st (without EAD and AP). Now tell me, if I have to pay the old fee or new fee? If I am understanding it correct, I can only send it by mail, if I pay the old fee.

Thanks for all your replies.

incorrect

your particular situation - since your 485 was filed with old fees, you will have to pay EAD / AP fees each time you apply. While my understanding is that you can file paper, not electronic with old fees, please verify with your lawyer if you can pay the old fees for your EAD / AP between now and August 17 (this time only), considering you filed in July 2007. If you file after Aug 17, and for all future renewals, you will have to pay the new fee.

Guys,
I am also sailing in the same boat. I filed my I-485 in July. I am planning to file my EAD and AP soon. My understanding after reading all these posts is we could either apply I-765 with new fee (if we do not want to pay for further renewals) or apply with the old fee (but have to pay for further renewals). Please correct me If I am wrong. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, istrategist

Thank you and appreciate your reply. I am filing I-765 on my own and i am planning to send I-765 paper based sometime this week . If i choose, e-file and pay $ 340 fees, still should i pay every year for the renewals? Thanks for your time.

Yes

You can only avoid paying EAD / AP fees if you file your 485 with the new increased fees. If not, prepare for a recurring payments for EADs / APs till your GC gets approved. It has nothing to do with what fee you pay for 765

Thank you and appreciate your reply. I am filing I-765 on my own and i am planning to send I-765 paper based sometime this week . If i choose, e-file and pay $ 340 fees, still should i pay every year for the renewals? Thanks for your time.