EAD and AP Fees

madur

Registered Users (C)
I applied for 485 in June. Now I want to apply for EAD and AP. Do I need to pay the new fees or the old fees?

Does anybody know answer to this or have some opinion? Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Are you tying to file I-140 online - yes for I-140 you have to pay the new fees either way. I checked out the USCIS website that you cannot file I-485 online - please check here.

It seems that people who just filed or filing 485 can pay old fees by paper filing, already pending 485 have to pay new fees. Another fu... saga from USCIS, there must be some real ba&t8rds making these decisions.

let's break this down

for those filing 485 between July 30 - Aug 17 - they have choice of paying new fee structure for 485 OR old fee structure for 485

if 485 filing fees are new increased fees
then no ead / ap fees ever

if 485 filing fees are old lower fees
then they pay EAD / AP fees each renewal

Hope this clarifies.

From what I am reading on various links, new filers don't have to pay any fees, it is free with 485. Then what is this old vs new fees?

trying again

did not post correctly

for those filing 485 between July 30 - Aug 17 - they have choice of paying new fee structure for 485 OR old fee structure for 485

Hope this clarifies.

Actually I am confused. On one hand they are saying there is no fees needed for new filers alongwith 485, and on the other hand they say initial EAD based on new 485 can be filed with old fees till Aug 17.

about fees

the new filers who pay the new fees do not have to pay fees for ead / ap in the future. However, new filers who pay with old fees need to pay for renewal fees for ead / ap for the rest of their lives or till they get GC - whichever comes first.
So basically if you filed 485 between July 30 and Aug 17 - you can file with old or new fees - your decision, and depending on that, you don't or do get free EAD / AP renewals

Actually I am confused. On one hand they are saying there is no fees needed for new filers alongwith 485, and on the other hand they say initial EAD based on new 485 can be filed with old fees till Aug 17.

the new filers who pay the new fees do not have to pay fees for ead / ap in the future. However, new filers who pay with old fees need to pay for renewal fees for ead / ap for the rest of their lives or till they get GC - whichever comes first.
So basically if you filed 485 between July 30 and Aug 17 - you can file with old or new fees - your decision, and depending on that, you don't or do get free EAD / AP renewals

From what I am reading on various links, new filers don't have to pay any fees, it is free with 485. Then what is this old vs new fees?

did not post correctly

Hope this clarifies

did not post correctly

Hope this clarifies

How much is the increase of 485 fees?

Is the new EAD/AP fees justified for people who have their 485s pending for a long time? Is everyone with 485s pending happy with this new surprise that have to pay new increased fees every year?
Are they once again starting interim EAD concept?

To istrategist and other seniors--

Guys,
I am also sailing in the same boat. I filed my I-485 in July. I am planning to file my EAD and AP soon. My understanding after reading all these posts is we could either apply I-765 with new fee (if we do not want to pay for further renewals) or apply with the old fee (but have to pay for further renewals). Please correct me If I am wrong. Thanks!