EAD and AP arrived today! Question about SSN

hubert

Registered Users (C)
Both my EAD and AP arrived today. They both have the same postal date from NBC, 07/06/2006. But according to my online status, AP was mailed out on 06/28/2006 and EAD on 07/07/2006. So do not take online status too serious. It is just a rough guideline.

Since my SSN card has a "Not Allow to work in US" sign, do I have to go to SSN office to change this cause I have EAD now?

And also I got two copies of AP. When I use it upon re-entry, do I have to show immigration officer both of them?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least my interview is sooner! Crossing Fingers it will be any day

As for your SSN I had an EAD card for my F-1 OPT so for the name change I went to the SSN office and got a new card stating that I could only work with work auth.

If the gov't could get their act together and implement a system to check a workers work status it wouldn't matter what the card said!

I've read on this forum that when you cross, they will keep one page, and return you the other - which you can use for subsequent trips.

hubert said:
And also I got two copies of AP. When I use it upon re-entry, do I have to show immigration officer both of them?

Thanks.

I'll quote Johnny Cash..and some relevant extracts....( Check his very informative post on AP..I wish he and Ari4u would compile a book and name it survival kit)http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1452890#post1452890

."USCIS issue's two original documents of it to every applicant. This is just for a back-up plan if one of them gets lost/damaged. Just because someone obtains an AP, doesn't mean s/he has to use it. One doesn't need to use it if s/he doesn't want to. But if someone wants to use an AP, then it must be used before it's expired.

.....Officer would chop/affix a same notation/stamp on AP documents too. Very rarely officers would keep a copy of AP document; otherwise 99.99% they don’t. The stamp will say that this person is paroled into the US for one full year. The one full year will start when officer would parole this person into the US on AP (upon arrival at US port on AP). Let me give you an example on this. If I was granted an advance parole 11 months ago and I made a travel only now for a few days, then upon my return to US, officer at the port of entry would parole me for another full year from the date of my arrival even though my AP would be expired in a few days as AP remains good only for one year from the date of its issuance. So, don’t be confused here between the date of issuance of AP with the date of parole into the US upon arrival."

Last edited by a moderator:
hubert said:
Both my EAD and AP arrived today. They both have the same postal date from NBC, 07/06/2006. But according to my online status, AP was mailed out on 06/28/2006 and EAD on 07/07/2006. So do not take online status too serious. It is just a rough guideline.

Since my SSN card has a "Not Allow to work in US" sign, do I have to go to SSN office to change this cause I have EAD now?

Thanks.

Your SSN will still remains with those words until you update your records AFTER you received your green card. While you are in AOS your SSN will has the same words on it.

hubert said:
. Since my SSN card has a "Not Allow to work in US" sign, do I have to go to SSN office to change this cause I have EAD now?

How did you get SSN card before your EAD or AP?
I am trying to get my Wife a Drivers License and we need SSN to get it, will Social Security Office give us a conditional SSN ( Not valid for Empl.)
If so what do we need to show them to get this?

Would Our Receipt notices for I-485 along with Marraige License be enough?