EAD and Address change..Gurus Pls help...

kingno1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Have a question about the address on EAD.
I am moving this weekend and going to send the AR-11 form this monday. I already submitted the forwarding mail form at the local postoffice to be forward from monday.
I just checked BCIS website and my EAD was approved yesterday..
Here is the message...
----------------
On March 19, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------------
So, what will happen to my EAD.
Usually, how long will it take for them to order card and stuff.
Will it be forwarded to my new address or send it back to BCIS since I no longer stay there?
Is there any other way that we inform INS about the addess change so that they can send the card to my new address instead?
Please advise......

USPS Does not Forward

Hi,

Congrats on getting EAD approved. Can you post your first 6 digits of your WAC ?

USPS doesnot forward Official INS mails. So, even if you send AR11, your EAD card will be sent to your existing address.

Best option will be to talk to your existing apt. manager and make some arrangment for mails.

This is what I observed.

HTH

Thx

Thx Indiana,
WAC-02-279-5xxxxx

I already submitted the forwarding mails request at the local postoffice starting from monday. So, I guess there is no use talking ot my apartment manager. Thats what I am wondering like can we call INS and tell them about the address change so that they can send it directly to the new address? If so, which number do we need to call.

Thx

I tried to call that number now and it is going dead after 4 secs.
Anyway, I just received a reply from my Attorney. She told that EAD will be forwarded but, not the Plastic Green Card and not to worry.
So, She said they she will send an change of address form to INS on monday.

Hi, I received my EAD cards today at our new forwarded address.
The cards came in a blank cover with nothing written on it like " do not forward" or " return service requested"
Good luck to you all.
Thanks,