EAD and 1-485 questions.

gc4life!

Registered Users (C)
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Couple of quick questions after some background info. I-140 and I-485 applied for in June 04. EAD and AP approved in Aug 04. I-140 approved Feb 05. FP for I-485 scheduled for next week. EB3 category. All sponsored by current company. Invested some money with a friend who will be forming a company within 2 weeks. Now the questions:

1. Is it true that after the GC is approved, i have to stay with sponsoring company for at least another 6 months?

2. What happens if i do not stayy the 6 months? Is my GC revoked?

3. Can i take a part time role with newly formed company (Asian based company but i will work from US. Also i will be an executive and a part owner)? Will i have to report anything to the INS?

Thanks.

I have used the search fuction and found answers to questions 1 and 2. However, i still need help with the 3rd question. Thanks.

gc4life! said:
I have used the search fuction and found answers to questions 1 and 2.

Great! :rolleyes:

gc4life! said:
3. Can i take a part time role with newly formed company (Asian based company but i will work from US. Also i will be an executive and a part owner)? Will i have to report anything to the INS?

A good place to search this topic would be the forum Life After Green Card

Last edited by a moderator:
Life after GC does not apply to me. I do not yet have the GC but will be joining the foreign company soon. I am still on EAD. Can someone take a stab at answering this question? Thanks.

gc4life,

You said you found the answer for q1 and q2 inthe forum. Can you post the answer for q1 and q2????

mka