Ead, Address Change

NEDIYAN

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Hi,

I was laid-off in Jan, that time I completed 160 days after my I485 filing. Using my valid EAD, I joined another comapnay in another state. Before moving from previous state I applied for Renewal of my EAD. My current EAD will expiare by end of April. Meantime, I asked USPS to move all my letters to new address.

Now my company is asking for NEW EAD, USPS is syaing they will not forward any document with 'DO NOT FORWARD". I need card for my continuation of job, I do have approval notice.

Do I have to refile for EAD, or can I go to any local center and obtain extension? - pLEASE GUIDE ME.

does the ead comes in do not forward envlope. Is your new EAD approved if not then go and get the iead at local office. you might have to go your old address local office in worst case.

Thanks,
My EAD was approved, and it looks like they send to old address, as I said earlier - "DO NOT FORWARD" envelop makes USPS to send it back to INS.

My problem is I will not have a valid EAD after April 30th and Employer is asking for it. Can I go to local office and get it ?

Hi nidiyen

As u mentioned that within 180 days you shifted the job. Is it ok to use EAD before the 180 days specified.
Unfortunately I got laid off after 100 days of my filing. So I am all worried to see if I can use EAD to shift to the new job. I am sure you might have gathered some information on this. will appreciate your knowledge in this regard

Some one had posted earlier that his EAD card was forwarded to the new address where he moved. There should not be any mail holding period when moving to a new place. You should have your mail directed to the new address from the old from the very next day u leave the old one.

Does the AVM say that EAD is returned to BCIS office ?

If you don't receive within 15 days of approval contact local office and see what they have to say.

I am Sorry for confusing!!, I complted 160 days after portability, when I lost job! - Sorry for wrong message

Originally posted by life_on_hold
Some one had posted earlier that his EAD card was forwarded to the new address where he moved. There should not be any mail holding period when moving to a new place. You should have your mail directed to the new address from the old from the very next day u leave the old one.

Does the AVM say that EAD is returned to BCIS office ?

If you don't receive within 15 days of approval contact local office and see what they have to say.

No, When I called the processing center today, they said, It MAY have returned.
My problem is with continuation of employment - When company hired me i had valid EAD, Now I do have approval notice, But card is not physically in my hand - I am confused.

Originally posted by NEDIYAN

My problem is with continuation of employment - When company hired me i had valid EAD, Now I do have approval notice, But card is not physically in my hand - I am confused.

You got the approval only u don't have the physical card in had at this moment. This should not be a problem at all. That too, you are continuing at the same job.

Don't worry.

NEDIYAN,

Your EAD card is lost. Immediately apply for Replacement EAD (there is special box in I-765 form)

And read and show to your employer
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/EEV.htm

"Can I fire an employee who fails to produce the required document(s) within three (3) business days?
Yes. You can terminate an employee who fails to produce the required document(s), or a receipt for a replacement document(s) (in the case of lost, stolen or destroyed documents), within three (3) business days of the date employment begins. However, you must apply these practices uniformly to all employees. If an employee has presented a receipt for a replacement document(s), he or she must produce the actual document(s) within 90 days of the date employment begins."

After 90 days since RD of your Replacement EAD you should go to BCIS office and receive interim EAD.

Originally posted by Tasse
NEDIYAN,

Your EAD card is lost. Immediately apply for Replacement EAD (there is special box in I-765 form)

And read and show to your employer
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/EEV.htm

"Can I fire an employee who fails to produce the required document(s) within three (3) business days?
Yes. You can terminate an employee who fails to produce the required document(s), or a receipt for a replacement document(s) (in the case of lost, stolen or destroyed documents), within three (3) business days of the date employment begins. However, you must apply these practices uniformly to all employees. If an employee has presented a receipt for a replacement document(s), he or she must produce the actual document(s) within 90 days of the date employment begins."

After 90 days since RD of your Replacement EAD you should go to BCIS office and receive interim EAD.

I am employed with this company for last 45 days and at the time of hiring I had a valid EAD

Originally posted by NEDIYAN
I am employed with this company for last 45 days and at the time of hiring I had a valid EAD

And what? If it will expire you have to show them a new one.

HOLD ONNNNNNNNNNNNN

I got my EAD forwarded to my address in less than a week. Dont worry. It comes in a plain cover....YOU WILL GET IT..........Dont panic..
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE "DO NOT FORWARD"....

Sometimes EAD is sent to attorney on your file. The EAD letter don't have "DO NOT FORWARD". If you had attorney representation when you filed for EAD, it might have been sent to him.

One of my friends last year had same problem. He did not move,
Still he never got his EAD. When Lawyer enquired with INS, they
said that EAD was returned by USPS as undeliverable (Strange?????). Anyway Lawyer requested them to resend the
EAD card and it was finally sent to his attorney.

NEDIYAN - Don't worry about Address Change

I moved from MA to CA last year...I had address forwarding requested in the post office at MA..I received my and wife's EADs together here in CA safely...

Thanks

Ganesh
02-125 - 03/04/02

Dont worry

My EAD envelope does not have "Do not Forward" on it. It might take some time for it to arrive though.

Friends,

Thanks a lot for all your Reply!!

By Grace of GOD, Yes I received my EAD at my new address!!!

Once again, thanks for your time and all reply...:)

moving and EAD

Hi. My wac#03-004-x. I have seen some EAD aproval around this number. But mine has not. I suppose they are processing my case and may get approved any time. But I need to move very soon, may be mid of May. If my EAD is returned to INS, is there any way to request it back?

thanks