Ead _ Rfe...

myself_12342002

Registered Users (C)
Guys/Gals,

I have applied for my 2nd EAD 5 months ago (VSC), my first EAD is expiring in 2 weeks, I saw the on-line message this morning saying that BCIS sent me an RFE.. My question is can I apply for an IEAD at the local BCIS office while I have an RFE , I don't think BCIS will approve my 2nd EAD before my first EAD expires.

Any input is very much appreciated..

Cheers,
Myself..

same with my wifes case....i got approved a week ago and my wife's 3rd ead was filed on 2/9/04 and we got an email from bcis that they sent an rfe on june 9th 04 :confused:

I also got RFE on my first EAD. A letter was sent on June 9 asking for additional documents or evidence. Maybe due to the same officer. :(

What documents do they require in this kind of case? Also how long does it take after sending them the reply? Another 3 months or much shorter?

Recv'd the RFE for photos yesterday, Replied to it yesterday, let's see how long BCIS takes to approve, Does anyone know what documents that I need to take to the local office to get a IEAD.

Thanks
Myself

EAD Approved at VSC

Hi, All
I got apprvoval for 1st EAD after RFE. It is same for photos and valied ID and Passport copy.
I check On line status they shows currant staus:

On June 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

For how long period they will issue EAD? When they will send? We have just wait.

Thanks.

Hey !

Hey ! ,
How long did it take from the time time RFE response is received to the actual message that the case has been approved...

I had an RFE for Pic for my wife and we just sent new pic's..was wonder how long it would take for them to approve... Wife's EAD expiring in a week...

Please share your thoughts

Thanks
Ben
rbv said:
Hi, All
I got apprvoval for 1st EAD after RFE. It is same for photos and valied ID and Passport copy.
I check On line status they shows currant staus:

On June 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

For how long period they will issue EAD? When they will send? We have just wait.

Thanks.

Hi Satanta...

I have applied for my 2nd EAD 5 months ago(VSC), 10 days back I recv'd an RFE for Pictures, I sent them by FEDEX immeditely and my message changed in couple of days, today I went to loacl BCIS office in Denver the officer said straight on my face from Thursday I cannot work as they cannot touch my application for another 85 days, my EAD expires in 3 days.. I have following questions.. Any input will be appreciated.

1. Do I become illegal now,a s my EAd is expiring in few days?!

2. By any chance if these BCIS jokers issue my 2nd EAD will the date be continuation from my 06/24/04 to 06/25/05?! or will it start from the day they approve my 2nd EAD (in this case I will be without staus till they approve my 2nd EAD)

3. I am going to work either way as I can't stop work just like that. Will this effect my 485 application.

I am going to ask the above questions to my solicitor also. But any input from you guys will eb very much appreciated..

Thanks
Myself :confused:

Similar situation. My lawyer told me in this case, loca INS won't handle RFE case and I had to wait it out. I called 800 number and was told different opinions. One of them is local INS may or may not issue the interim EAD.

But after my lawyer replied and the online status showed reponse received, i decided to go to local INS to try again. And I got the interim EAD. I think it depends on the office, or maybe the officer and lots of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: