EAD 90 days Expiring ....Urgent need help

wellwisher2002

Registered Users (C)
My 2nd EAD is expring on 13th MAY,2004. Applied for 3rd EAD on 15th Feb,04 in VSC. Then my case got transfered to local office Arlington DC. Approval for 3rd EAD not received till date.

1. If I don't receive 3rd EAD till 13th May,04 then, will I loose my job. (received the receipt for 3rd EAD filling).
2. Rule says I should wait till 90 days. But my 90 days will be completed on 15th May,04....that is over expiry date...
3. Also I have to go to the local INS Arlington Office then do I have to take an appointment first....Called 1-800 number and they said call your local office...and local office is not picking the phone....
4. Over all what is the best solution for this....

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions...

RD - 04/06/02
ND - 04/19/02
EAD1,EAD2 - approved ---0513/04
EAD3 - applied - 02/15/04
Case got trasnferred to Arlington office on 10th March,04

I went to the BOSTON local office on the 90th day from EAD receipt date . No appointments needed here . Got the Intereim EAD for 6 months .

Thanks for your reply.

But in my case 90th day will be after the expiry date (6-7 days over). Should I go before the expiry date ? If I don't get it before the expiry date then I may loose job..? What do you say here...

Thanks

Give it a shot alhtough you are not in complete compliance. The officers are very understanding and if you explain your situation I am sure they will try to accomodate you.

There is a way to get a interim EAD.

Hey,

I know there is a way to get a interim EAD.
When you don't get renewal of EAD card on expected date and current EAD's is getting to expire soon, you can contact to your law firm and obtain original receipt from USCIS.
And bring it to the Service Center so that they can give you interim EAD. This is what I've heard from my lawyer.

More information....
But she told me we can't do same thing for AP, unfortunately.
By working with the law firm by paying extra $$$, we can do "expedite request" most likely for himanization reason(ie, funeral attendance of your immediate family or close relative in your home country) or business reason. But USCIS can easily deny when reason is business related.
When they denied expedite request, next step is to plead to one of 4 Service Center. Once again, we need to pay extra money to the law firm again and there is no guarantee USCIS says OK...

Hope it helps,
Tmp