Ead=$648?????

us_gc_ok

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

My EAD will be expiring in 4/15. I talked to my lawyer. He said
I had to renew it through him. He is going to charge me $648 (INS fee and service). Is it true? :( Please advise. Thanks.

it is very expensive. Search for any lawyer and apply thrulawyer. You will get your renewal in few weeks . otherwise u have to wait wait wait and wait. Otherwise,You dont see approval soon.

This is what i observed in this forum.My spouse EAD approved in 9 days ,My lawyer applied it.

Also it is worth if you use attroney for this

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, canus_immi,

Thanks. Is it possible to apply to INS directly? Could you please, if someone did this, throw a light to me?

Yes , you can file for EAD on our own .

Download the form from www.in.gov and follow the instruction

The only diff in filing on ur own and Attorney filing, they will ask u to sign some additional form..Also receipt will go the lawyer if he files otherwise it will come to u

Good luck

APPLY DIRECT to INS

hello,

I would suggest apply directly by urself. just download the forms from the INS website and send it over (preferrably with a return receipt). It will cost you just 120$ plus the postage.

I did it myself (and my wife) and got the renewed EAD within 3 weeks.

Please share more info with us here

Hi kagawaal and amifgreen,

Please dump your valuable experience/info here. It would be helpful to the latecomers.
1. What materials/docs are needed besides I-765 form?
2. Where the application should be sent? Currently my case is pending in VSC.
3. Shall I get in trouble with my 485 approval? INS may doubt if you lose job and issue RFE for pay stub etc.

Please advise! Thanks a lot ............

us_gc_ok:

1. I-765 filled in, current EAD copy, 2 photos, 485 receipt and fees. All details should be in the form.
2. Send to VSC. Address details should be in form.
3. Nothing to do with EAD renewal.

Whole thing should cost you < $125.

For EAD renewal - do not forget to include the upper portion of your current EAD approval notice. It helps speed up the process.

List of docs....

Following are the documents I sent last week to INS for EAD renewal....

1. A check $$$ for I-765 renewal fee (pls check INs site for latest fee). Write A# in memo line of the check
2. 2 photos which fits INS requirement with A# and name written with pencil on back.
3. I -765 Renewal Application
4. Original Form I-797 D (top mailer portion from last EAD)
5. A copy of last EAD(front and back)
6. A copy of Form I-94 Departure Record(front and back)
7. A copy of I-485 Receipt Notice
8. A copy of last I-765 Receipt Notice
9. Marriage Cetificate for secondary applicant(if any).
10. A covering letter listing the attached documents(optional).

You can do it yourself, don't need an attorney. It will cost you not more than $120 fee + mailing charges. It is pretty straight forward case.

The fee for EAD (new/renewal) is no longer $120. It has been reduced to $88 from 01/24/02. So send a check for $88 and not $120.