EAC numbers for 140 and 485

gc_for_me1

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody tell me how much time does it take to get the EAC numbers after we file 140 and 485. My 140 and 485 was filed concurrently around 6 weeks back with AP and EAD in EB3 category. I still haven't received the EAC numbers?
My employer tells me that he still haesn't received it.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Is it something which INS stamps as soon as they receive the applications or they assign it whenever they want. Also I heard that INS stamps these number on the back side of the checks. Is is so?

I just saw a scan of my check (paid to USCIS). They have couple EAC#s. All the numbers related to 485, EAD or AP. But I applied only for 2 * 485, 2* 765 & 2*APs. On the check I see 3*485 and others are as expected. I havent received the receipt notices yet, but that is the status.

I sent the documents on 22nd June. Checks got cleared in my bank on 5th July.

But my 485 online enquiry shows the receipt date to be 1st July.

With the current visa#s not available till Oct1st, I am not sure if I will even get an EAD or AP.

Hey Surya,

My I140/I485/AP/EAD were FedEX delievered to VSC on June 29, and I don't think the checks are cleared yet...

Can you please share your filing info? I assume you're EB3 also?

By the way, my understanding is that they can approve EAD and AP while I485 is pending even if no Visa number is available. In other words, visa number only matters for filing I485 and actually getting it approved.

Thanks,
JT

Last edited by a moderator:
Filing I485

I filed for I-140 in April . My 485/AP/EAD on EB3 was delivered on 6/22. I did not get the receipt yet. My 1-140 info on USCIS site also did not change.

My checks were given by my company so I have to ask them to check whether they were cleared or not.

From above post I see although ones packet was delivered on June 22 the receipt date is showing is July1. That might be bad news for us. Will our EAD and AP will be processed?

EB3 LC Sub Filed on 06/27/2005

Hi,
I am very new to GC processing steps and reading these posting from past 1-2 weeks. They are really very helpful. My EB3 LC Substitution was filed on 06/27/05, my lawyer told me, It will be received at INS by 06/28/05 so that we can avail visa numbers as they are not available after 07/01/05. So far my checks are not encashed and I do not know the status. I-140 and 485 are concurrently applied, this is with CSC. Can any one tell me weather I have to wait till Oct'05 or some progress is going to happen before Oct.
Thanks in advance

No processing between July 1st and Sep 30th

prudviraj said:
Hi,
I am very new to GC processing steps and reading these posting from past 1-2 weeks. They are really very helpful. My EB3 LC Substitution was filed on 06/27/05, my lawyer told me, It will be received at INS by 06/28/05 so that we can avail visa numbers as they are not available after 07/01/05. So far my checks are not encashed and I do not know the status. I-140 and 485 are concurrently applied, this is with CSC. Can any one tell me weather I have to wait till Oct'05 or some progress is going to happen before Oct.
Thanks in advance

You cannot avail visa number even if you apply before June 30th as the numerical limit has been reached. Visa numbers are given only when your 485 is approved. As INS is not processing between July 1st and Sep 30th, your I-485 is in Pending status until Sep 30th. But your I-140 will be processed and you can benefit from EAD/AP during this time

Hi,

My application 140/485 is filled concurrently almost 2 months back and I still haven't receivd the EAC numbers. I checked with the employer and he say's the check's are cashed but no EAC numbers' on the back. Is this a normal thing? I though USCIS always assigns a EAC number. Can anybody let me know,

Thanks,

Also Can I call USCIS 1-800-375-5283 and check for my status even if I don't have EAC numbers? Please let me know,

Got Receipt Notices

Folks,

This looks like a great achievement. I got receipt notices for I-140, 485, EAD and AP.

Mailed the documents on 22nd June.
RD: 23-JUN-05 for all the documents for me and spouse.
Submitted at : VSC
Case: EB3 (LC Subsitution)
PD: October 1998.

Hi Guys,

I finally received EAC number for my case. But I received it only for 140 even though 140/485/EAD is filled concurrently. My Employer told me that we should be receiving it within a week. He sent me the A number though. What does this mean?

Any comments,

Thanks,

That means, potentially you will get your FP, EAD and AP approved. But for 485 you need to wait atleast till October1 2005.

Hi Surya,

Thanks for the response.

I have one more question though, Before filling my 485 we ( myself and my wife) did not do the Medical Test. Should wedo it now and send it to USCIS or we should wait for and RFE.

!40 Approved

NATO,

My 140 is approved now. But still havent received the EAD or AP approval messages.