EAC# and its importance for processing

Jhansu

Registered Users (C)
Fellas,
I was wonderting if anyone has ideas about the sequence meaning of receipt number. I see most of the members who are waiting for GC, EAD or AP approvals, their receipt number starts from EAC 02 XXXXXXXX. Mine starts with EAC 04XXXXXXX....

Does this has to do anything with the sequence of USCIS processing or touching the case. I never observed this before but just wondering if this really has to do anything with the case processing.

If UCSIS goes on this sequence, most the cases I saw posted here having EAC02XXXXXXX. Does this mean that USCIS has to finish EAC03 sequence and come to EAC04XXXXXX...

Any ideas, please shoot out....

Cheers,
Jhansu:
confused:

for ex: eac 02072XXXXX

02 is fiscal year
072(is the series in which cases were filed)
XXXX(is your case number).

USCIS has no sequence in terms of processing the cases. Therefore, you guess is as good as mine. Lately we have seen some apporovals for cases filed in 2003. Therefore, does this makes sense when 01,02 cases are still pending? NO!!!

there's no order................
:rolleyes:

sorry, couldn't answer your question properly.

Correction to earlier reply

1st 2 digits is the Fiscal Year. Starts on Oct 1
Next 3 Digits is the day of the year.
Digits after that are the case #

Originally posted by tufan
for ex: eac 02072XXXXX

02 is fiscal year
072(is the series in which cases were filed)
XXXX(is your case number).

USCIS has no sequence in terms of processing the cases. Therefore, you guess is as good as mine. Lately we have seen some apporovals for cases filed in 2003. Therefore, does this makes sense when 01,02 cases are still pending? NO!!!

there's no order................
:rolleyes:

sorry, couldn't answer your question properly.

072 : is the WORKING DAY in the FISCAL year, starting from October 1st. Excluding weekends and federal holidays, then it is the day your application was received (RD).

Meaning of Your Receipt:

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#E

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#D

As per the above website the below is the meaning of Receipt.

"After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case."

http://www.visapro.com/US-Visa-Status.asp