EAC-01-071-XXXXX case approved as per AVM .

Jai Jagdish Hare, other with experience - Please help!

Did you have to do anything to call the file back from Delhi, or did it happen on its own? I want to get an idea on whether any prompting is needed from us for the file to be called back in a timely manner? Can filing an I-824 hurry the process of calling the file back?

ticketoffreedom!!

When I came to know from NVC that the file has been sent to Delhi I was worried so I thought of contacting the lawyer and ask him about it. He said whenNVC transfers the file to consulate they do it electronically first and they update the system saying the file has been sent but infact the physical file still remains in the Holding facility until they hear from the lawyer saying that the individual client is willing to do CP or AOS. If you apply for AOS INS knows that you applied for AOS and so they hold back the physical file in the holding facility. Sometimes they make some mistakes and they don\'t request in time and that\'s when the problem arise.

The file is sometimes physically transfered to consulate. Even if the file is sent the lawyer can ask the Immigration officials to track down the electronic transfer done and link to to your file so the INS has a record of your file. My lawyer did the same thing when he came to know that some individuals I-140 approved for CP has been transfered to consulate including mine. He made sure that the INS is able to track the I-140 file transfer on Octobar 12th by talking to IIO. The IIO told him that the file is complete now and the file will be processed.

Even though my lawyer said everything was fine I was little bit wooried looking at some cases kile Kini and others who are still waiting for approval due to lack of lawyers support. SO I sent a mail to delhi consulate giving them details about my case number which I got from NVC. But I did not get a response from them.

Yesterday also I talked to lawyer and he explained me the same thing once again same stuff and said don\'t worry. In the evening I heard the magic word in AVM.

I know some lawyers are not supportive but infact I think the lawyers can do more as they are heard by immigration officials seriously and provided with more information than us. Hence I will advice people to talk to lawyer and somehow convince him to take more interest in the case.

It is difficult sometimes but unfortunately that is the only way.

Hey Dude! I also got approved yesterday!!

So congratulate me!! I posted new thread for my approval as heading
"Case Approved!!EAC-01-080-xxxxx" Let\'s see when out notices arrive. Then may be we can meet at INS Newark for PP stamping.

Congrats sammy bee!

Today I did not check all the postings. But any way Congratulations to you. Yes probably we can meet in Newark. Probably we should get the notice within 7 days. Do you know if we can go on any wednesdays to we need to take appointment?

jai Jagdish hare, Thanks and Congratulations........but I still am confused

Can you let me know how me or my lawyer can agressively pursue this issue so that there is no delay? Which law firm are you going through? I think my file is in Delhi at this time.
Can you give the contact # of your lawyer. I need to pin down the technical jargon and the exact steps required. You could e-mail me directly at manu.devgan@reuters.com. I am very grateful for the help you are giving me here..........
All the Best

Jagdish hare.........nothing so far

I have had trouble with pvt messaging on this forum before. Please use the e-mail address I included in my previous note instead. Again, thanks for your help.

Congrats JJH

My ND is 1/5/01 and I hope I get a approval soon. Mine is also a CP case and am not sure whats going on. I guess I should ask lawyer to contact INS. I spoke to IIO yesterday and she tells me my case is with a officer and no decision yet!!

Enjoy your freedom.

Thanks Abhiyant!! You should get approval soon even though your case was a CP case.

Both myself and sammybee are CP cases which got approved yesterday.
If you think your lawyer is supportive then you should ask him to Call INS and talk to IIO regarding your case and find out if the file is complete. If the file complete then you don\'t need to worry.

Hope you get your approval soon..