EA approved, relink I-485?

If the A#s was included in the 140-EA, then there is a slight chance that it got linked when they got the applicaton. This could explain the notice. Usually they don't comment on the pending 485 (you will hear separately, etc). That is what surprises me..Keep an eye on the LUD of 485. Since you got the FP done you might see a LUD on 485.

I agree with you, it is confusing. I will give it about 2-3 months to see if the 485 gets approved. If 485 processing date crossed your application date, you can call and request a status update. That might give a jolt to the case and if it is relinked, then you might get the approval.. thanks
Ela

I talked to those who had GC through EB1. They dont have sentence like in my EB1 I140 approval. It is better to wait 2-3 months and see whether I will get I485 approval. Thanks to ela6 once again.

updates

Ok, after more than two years of waiting and a number of phone calls and inquiries from senators, congressman, Laura Bush etc, nothing happened.
The case status online has not been updated since 2006! But when i called in last year, i was informed the case has been transfered to the local office.
The response was, of course, Name check.
Yesterday i did an infopass. The officer told me my NC has cleared two weeks ago. But the case was by mistake deposited to National Record Center (NRC) in Missouri, which is a bone yard for archives!
He told me also i SHOULD NOT file multiple I-485s, which could be misleading and confusing to immigration officers. I was told it doesn't matter how many I-140 filed, but ONLY ONE I-485 should be filed pending. When it comes to make the adjudication on I-485, the officer will look into all the I-140s filed and make a decision.
Now, they are pulling back my files from NRC. I don't know how long it'll take to get any updates to me...:mad:

The officer was very nice and friendly and even gave me his cell number so that i can get in touch with him when needed :)
In fact, what he told me is not new. I have managed to get phones through directly to NSC and VSC and was told the same stories by different officers from both centers on the multiple I-485s. All that came to me was: ONLY one is needed and multiples made things confusing.

Hope this helps.

BTW, anyone heard of case transfered to NRC before ?
I am really pissed off!!!!:mad:

sorry to hear this. Normaly USCIS is very frustrating. Now they got a clue to bog you. keep on trying - the day will come.

Ok, after more than two years of waiting and a number of phone calls and inquiries from senators, congressman, Laura Bush etc, nothing happened.
The case status online has not been updated since 2006! But when i called in last year, i was informed the case has been transfered to the local office.
The response was, of course, Name check.
Yesterday i did an infopass. The officer told me my NC has cleared two weeks ago. But the case was by mistake deposited to National Record Center (NRC) in Missouri, which is a bone yard for archives!
He told me also i SHOULD NOT file multiple I-485s, which could be misleading and confusing to immigration officers. I was told it doesn't matter how many I-140 filed, but ONLY ONE I-485 should be filed pending. When it comes to make the adjudication on I-485, the officer will look into all the I-140s filed and make a decision.
Now, they are pulling back my files from NRC. I don't know how long it'll take to get any updates to me...:mad:

The officer was very nice and friendly and even gave me his cell number so that i can get in touch with him when needed :)
In fact, what he told me is not new. I have managed to get phones through directly to NSC and VSC and was told the same stories by different officers from both centers on the multiple I-485s. All that came to me was: ONLY one is needed and multiples made things confusing.

Hope this helps.

BTW, anyone heard of case transfered to NRC before ?
I am really pissed off!!!!:mad:

I am exactly in the same boat, filled two I-485s, and both the I-140s have got approved. I am thinking to write to letter to TSC. I understand multiple 485s could create a confusion, but what the proof whether they will interlink/transfer. When we file 485, we also mentioned that we have already filled a 485 along with receipt number. So where is the problem with these guys.Is the multiple 485s resulted in sending NRC. I have seen people have got their GCs approved with multiple 485s

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have the same situation. however, My EB-2 based I-485 is on NSC, while my EB1-based I-140 approval is in TSC. Am I going to send relink request to NSA. Does anone know the address where to send the the documents? Thanks!

Does anone know the address where to send the the documents? Thanks!
for NSC, i used below address:
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service
Nebraska Service Center,
Attn: I-485 (receipt # ------)
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

for TSC, i am not sure, but i send my letter for relinking at i-140 address which was stated in my e file receipt

Thank you so much for your information. tomy19192001 That's really let me see the hope. I have exactly the same situation as your. NIW [NSC] with I-485, while EB1a[TSC].
Besides sending letter, I wonder if you have tried to fax or call them. Any trick will be really appreciated. Hope I will be as lucky as you.

Besides sending letter, I wonder if you have tried to fax or call them. Any trick will be really appreciated. Hope I will be as lucky as you.
thanks. plz see the link and also search the forum for interlinking:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=292452
by all means, give all the effort to 'force them' to open ur file when PD are current. Unfotunately its easy to say and advice than actually being done because there is a luck factor. last and formost , no harm in applying for 2nd I-485 as suggested by other forum member. I was going to try this as a last option if my interlinking would have been unsuccessful after 3 months of attempt (this was only target date to work on). wishing u gl!!

Two 485's?

I was planning to apply for two I-485 but after doing some online research, I found that most people dissuade from applying two I-485's... It would be good to hear the opinion of folks in this forum... thank you

I found evidence that both strategies work

Hi,

I was in the same boat as most of you. I had an EB2-NIW at TSC. I tried to relink unsuccessfully. Did not work even after 6 months. Then I filede a second I-485. It went to NSC. They evn issues me a second A#. I was a little nervous about having two A#s. After about 6 months, my EB1 I-485 was approved by NSC. The approval had my EB1 A# on it. Then I started wondering waht would happen to my EB2-NIW I-485 at TSC. Well after about two weeks of my EB1 approval, I received a letter from NSC that my EB2-NIW I-485 had been denied. The reasin given was that my EB1 I-485 was already approved.

So it did work out for me. There are apparently no problems with multiple I-485s. I find that all the talk about two I-485s being illegal or harmful or causing delay, is mere speculation. In my case it went smoothly.

Based on my experience, I would advise that itis better to first try to relink and wait for a response. There is high likelihhod that it does not work for you. If it does not work after you have waited for a few months, do not hesitate to file a second I-485. In my case and a whole lot of other cases there were no problems.

Resubmit everything for second I485?

what_nonsense,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. When you applied for the second I485, did you have to resubmit everything, including the medical report (I693)? I had obtained the I693 a few weeks ago and trying to understand if I need to ask the doctor to give me another sealed copy. Thanks for your help and insight.

Tried to call NSC for relink using POJ method for more than ten times. I was transfered to custom service after 1-3-4, and has talked to " an agent". I wonder if "agent" is IO, or just people pick up phone. The agent I talked to was very nice,. However, he seems counldn't do much on this relink issue, just mentioned he would put my relink request letter to my file as soon as he receive it.

Medican report

what_nonsense,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. When you applied for the second I485, did you have to resubmit everything, including the medical report (I693)? I had obtained the I693 a few weeks ago and trying to understand if I need to ask the doctor to give me another sealed copy. Thanks for your help and insight.

Sorry for replying late. Yes I had to resubmit everything as if it was a new I-485. If you have already sent a relink request, you may like to wait for a few months. But as I described earlier, interlink/relink requests are really a crapshoot. Sometimes they work, most times they don't and of course there is no way you can track interlink requests. There are no fees and there are no receipt numbers.

This is what I liked about refiling another I-485. You get a proper recepit number and you can track them by calling USCIS. I have benefitted tremendously from this forum and owe a lot. So go ahead and ask for any questions or clarifications you may need. I will be glad to help.

IO or agents

Tried to call NSC for relink using POJ method for more than ten times. I was transfered to custom service after 1-3-4, and has talked to " an agent". I wonder if "agent" is IO, or just people pick up phone. The agent I talked to was very nice,. However, he seems counldn't do much on this relink issue, just mentioned he would put my relink request letter to my file as soon as he receive it.

They are not IOs. I think they are simply customer service agents who do not really handle the case. They simply give you the status. Some times that can probably communicate with the real IOs but mostly they are simply like answering machines. That's what I think. I may be wrong.

are there any filmmakers or artists in film field who applied for eb1 on this board,please let me know your experience etc.

-raj

I-485 relink done [between two center]

I have learned so much from here. Just want to share my relink experience to everyone. Hope you will find it it is helpful.

1) Sent out relink request as to NSC on 2/13/2009. The relink request was prepared as everyone suggested here.
2) made many phone calls for relink request after that. Have tried POJ or expediate option [1-*1]. Haven't really reach an IO. However, a very nice agent received my relink request and put it with my file.
3) No LUD since then.
4) 3/1/2009: receive " Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent
resident."

Here are my case info:
1) NIW I-140: RD 1/2007; AD: 3/2008
2) I-485 based on NIW: RD 8/2008
3) EB-1a AD: 2/10/2009