EA approved, relink I-485?

You may have to research a little on this forum (you can probably read old postings of this thread). Based on my own experience relink does not work and an easy way to get around that problem is to file a second 485 (people might scare you). However, there are people (who have posted in this thread) that have managed to file the second 485 and got an approval in less than 4 months or so.

Check the posting of 00000 on August 7th in this same thread which shows 2nd 485 was successful and relink does not work. You will find some more if you go far back...

Relink is a hit and miss story. If you want a remedy that is sure to work, try second 485.

Consult your lawyer too. Usually, they don't want to invest time to file second 485 (no extra $$ there) and so might discourage. Be specific and ask him/her what is the draw back in filing second 485. Usually, USCIS sends out a RFE asking you which 485 you want to pursue and at that point you choose your new 140 and the relink is done.

By the way, there is no fax# for sending in the relink request. You have to send out a letter giving out the details and requesting for relink. In fact, that is the major problem in relinking. You just send out the postal mail/fedex and nothing happens after that. There is documented evidence including my case (and many others in this thread) that even after 6 months nothing much happens. You cannot call and find out the status. Simply put, it is a black hole. There is NOTHING that you can do to check the status or to ensure that it happens. I have a feeling that since it is a non-routine thing (relinking), they put it under "problem file" and it sleeps there..

You are relinking presumably to save time and so I sending the letter to a black hole does not serve the purpose. Research the forums, consult the lawyer and then decide.

Good luck.
Ela

Hi All

Please let me know, if anyone knows the TSC fax# or email address to send I-485 interlink request.

Thanks

You may have to research a little on this forum (you can probably read old postings of this thread). Based on my own experience relink does not work and an easy way to get around that problem is to file a second 485 (people might scare you). However, there are people (who have posted in this thread) that have managed to file the second 485 and got an approval in less than 4 months or so.

Check the posting of 00000 on August 7th in this same thread which shows 2nd 485 was successful and relink does not work. You will find some more if you go far back...

Relink is a hit and miss story. If you want a remedy that is sure to work, try second 485.

Consult your lawyer too. Usually, they don't want to invest time to file second 485 (no extra $$ there) and so might discourage. Be specific and ask him/her what is the draw back in filing second 485. Usually, USCIS sends out a RFE asking you which 485 you want to pursue and at that point you choose your new 140 and the relink is done.

By the way, there is no fax# for sending in the relink request. You have to send out a letter giving out the details and requesting for relink. In fact, that is the major problem in relinking. You just send out the postal mail/fedex and nothing happens after that. There is documented evidence including my case (and many others in this thread) that even after 6 months nothing much happens. You cannot call and find out the status. Simply put, it is a black hole. There is NOTHING that you can do to check the status or to ensure that it happens. I have a feeling that since it is a non-routine thing (relinking), they put it under "problem file" and it sleeps there..

You are relinking presumably to save time and so I sending the letter to a black hole does not serve the purpose. Research the forums, consult the lawyer and then decide.

Good luck.
Ela

I agree with you. In relinking there is no way for you to find the status. You do not even get a letter saying 'your letter was accepted and relinking is done.'. It is a blackhole. The letter can sit for months and it will also slow the processing of your file.

Thanks

Hi ela6, psami

Thanks for your detail reply. I thought recently Madgu-GC, good-y and others successfully interlinked and got approval. Also I've sent my I-485 in July07 (now, I-485 is expensive for four of us). I am planning to send letters and keep calling them for another two months. If it is not successful, then I may file a new I-485.

Regards
EB10182006

The problem is that for every successful relink, there may be many hanging.

I do realize that it is expensive (especially if you have to file for 4).

the issue is that there is really nothing much you can do by calling. The relink letter might be in one place, 485 in another dept/office and the customer service does not do much to get them together.

I was also told that the I140 has to be "physically" present where the 485 is. So, you need to get the letter to the place where your 140 and 485 are (if possible). It does not hurt to send relink letter to where 140 was approved and where 485 is pending (assuming they are different places).

Good luck.
Ela
Hi ela6, psami

Thanks for your detail reply. I thought recently Madgu-GC, good-y and others successfully interlinked and got approval. Also I've sent my I-485 in July07 (now, I-485 is expensive for four of us). I am planning to send letters and keep calling them for another two months. If it is not successful, then I may file a new I-485.

Regards
EB10182006

The problem is that for every successful relink, there may be many hanging.

I do realize that it is expensive (especially if you have to file for 4).

the issue is that there is really nothing much you can do by calling. The relink letter might be in one place, 485 in another dept/office and the customer service does not do much to get them together.

I was also told that the I140 has to be "physically" present where the 485 is. So, you need to get the letter to the place where your 140 and 485 are (if possible). It does not hurt to send relink letter to where 140 was approved and where 485 is pending (assuming they are different places).

Good luck.
Ela

Do you meant say, if I-140 is at TSC, then i-485 has to be filed at TSC itself. I am bit confused though I have not filed my AOS. My e-filed EB-1EA I-140 is pending at TSC, now I am planning to send my I-485 to NSC beacuse recent changes in direct filing effective July 30, 2007.

Would appreciate if you shed some light on this.

Thanks

You don't have a choice in filing. If you have to file in NSC, then you just have to do it at NSC. However, they will request the 140 file from TSC.
This is the info that I gathered during my calls to USCIS.

Nothing to be concerned in filing at a different location.
Ela

Do you meant say, if I-140 is at TSC, then i-485 has to be filed at TSC itself. I am bit confused though I have not filed my AOS. My e-filed EB-1EA I-140 is pending at TSC, now I am planning to send my I-485 to NSC beacuse recent changes in direct filing effective July 30, 2007.

Would appreciate if you shed some light on this.

Thanks

one more thing, as Tellan has nicely done, use any RFE as an opportunity for sending a relink request. That is when someone really reads your letter.
Ela
Hi ela6, psami

Regards
EB10182006

You don't have a choice in filing. If you have to file in NSC, then you just have to do it at NSC. However, they will request the 140 file from TSC.
This is the info that I gathered during my calls to USCIS.

Nothing to be concerned in filing at a different location.
Ela

Thanks Ela6. My I-140 is still pending at TSC since 4 months. I will be sunmitting I-485 to NSC next week. Do you think NSC will then request TSC to send my i-140 package to be processed at TSC. NSC is just now processing Jan, 07 cases where as TSC on May, 07 cases.

reply me what you think about it

I am only guessing that they are going to request 140 package after it is approved.
Thanks Ela6. My I-140 is still pending at TSC since 4 months. I will be sunmitting I-485 to NSC next week. Do you think NSC will then request TSC to send my i-140 package to be processed at TSC. NSC is just now processing Jan, 07 cases where as TSC on May, 07 cases.

reply me what you think about it

Hi ela6

Thanks for your suggestion. My EB1-EA_I140 was approved in TSC premium processing center; also I have sent my I-485 to TSC. I’ve already sent the interlink request (in a bright colour paper as Rajiv Khanna website advise with all the supporting documents) to TSC I-485 processing unit (I think they are still struggling with July fillings). I have sent same interlink request to TSC premium processing center by email and I got immediate one word reply “they will be”. I called TSC by POJ method, the IO said when the I-485 case is assign to an officer he will look in to my A# and automatically interlink with my EB1-EA_I140. I don’t know which one is going to work. I remember in one post by Good_y mentioned sending the request by fax.

EB10182006

I am in a very similar situation except my NIW is pending. I just sent a transfer request along with new I-485 based on my approved I-140(EB1-EA). I am not sure whether they will transfer/interlink or encash the checks.

EB1-EA I-140-SELF (TSC)
RD: 24th March 2007
RFE: 25th July 2007, RFE Res. RD 24th August 2007
AD: 19th September 2007

EB2-NIW I-140 –SELF (TSC)
RD: 14th June 2007
Waiting.......

I-485, I-131, I- 765 (TSC for Both spouse and Myself) based on pending I-140(NIW)

Filed : 24th July 2007,
Checks cashed 5th October 2007 from WSC and transferred to TSC
I-765 : 17th October 2007, card production ordered (both)
I-131: 19th October 2007, Approved for me (waiting for spouse)

I am in a very similar situation except my NIW is pending. I just sent a transfer request along with new I-485 based on my approved I-140(EB1-EA). I am not sure whether they will transfer/interlink or encash the checks.

Hi SKvadivel:

Can you please look at my post above and let me know what do you think.

If I were you, I would probably wait some more time until I get my EB1 approved. After the direct filling ,TSC wont be able adjucate your I-485; So If you file I-485 now with NSC, there is slight chance that I-140 would be transferred to NSC which would delay the whole process.

If I were you, I would probably wait some more time until I get my EB1 approved. After the direct filling ,TSC wont be able adjucate your I-485; So If you file I-485 now with NSC, there is slight chance that I-140 would be transferred to NSC which would delay the whole process.

Thanks Skvadivel

I refiled I-485 after trying to Interlink But Alien Number is Different

Hi experts,

I had I-485 pending at TSC based on approved Eb2-NIW I-140. Later I had another I-140 approved under EB1-OR from NSC. I refiled I-485 after trying to Interlink for several months with no response. But Alien Number on my refiled I-485 is different from the first I-485. Do you think two different A-numbers are a problem? What happened to those of you who refiled on this forum? Did you have different A-numbers too? Can somebody please guide me?

I refiled I-485 after trying to Interlink But Alien Number is Different

You wont have same A# number. You may have same A# from your I-140(OR)

skvadivel, thanks for your quick reply. In fact the A-number on the refiled I-485 is not even the sme as the second EB1-OR I-140. actually EB1-OR I-140 had the A-number that was on my first I-485 which was filed with the original I-140 under EB2. It looks like they changed my A-number after I refiled with the new EB1-OR I-140. I am really puzzled. Also, I refiled I-485 and sent it to TSC as required. But my refiled I-485 was transferred to NSC where I had the second EB1 OR I-140 approval. So now I have two I-485 pending: one at TSC under EB2-NIW I-140 and the other at NSC under EB1-OR I-140 and both under different A-numbers. This is really strange. I wonder what I should do and what will eventually happen.

Thanks for your thoughts.

skvadivel, thanks for your quick reply. In fact the A-number on the refiled I-485 is not even the sme as the second EB1-OR I-140. actually EB1-OR I-140 had the A-number that was on my first I-485 which was filed with the original I-140 under EB2. It looks like they changed my A-number after I refiled with the new EB1-OR I-140. I am really puzzled. Also, I refiled I-485 and sent it to TSC as required. But my refiled I-485 was transferred to NSC where I had the second EB1 OR I-140 approval. So now I have two I-485 pending: one at TSC under EB2-NIW I-140 and the other at NSC under EB1-OR I-140 and both under different A-numbers. This is really strange. I wonder what I should do and what will eventually happen.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Quite confussing. IF I understood rightly, You have same A# for I-140 (NIW), I-140(OR) and I-485 (based on pending NIW).. A new A# for I-485 based on OR. People have filed muliple 485s. When did you file. Because July filling would have resulted in overlooking all the A#s.