EA approved, relink I-485?

Service center- Nebraska
Country-India
EAD-renewed in August 2006 for NoV07-08
LUD after FP and on day of approval.No other LUDs

like to ask correctly - how many LUD's after FP and before I485 approval? could you please post the dates. thanks,
congrats again

Guruwhizz answered this already :

"LUD after FP and on day of approval.No other LUDs"

only two LUDs, the one probably right after FP and the one on the day of approval.

good luck to everyone

ooooo, I think you're close. I'm still waiting for relink. I'm going to refile in 4 weeks if still no luck. Do you think I need to apply a new EAD when I reflie I-485?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tellan,

According to my attorney, you need to re-apply EAD and AP w/ your new I485.

But I think you don't have to if you don't withdraw your old 485 and the EAD and AP are based on still pending 485.

good luck everyone

What happens if they deactivate old 485 and put the new 485 in action. In other words, old 485 is deactivated and the new one is pending.. old EAD and AP becomes inactive. Comments anyone?
thanks
Ela
Hi Tellan,

According to my attorney, you need to re-apply EAD and AP w/ your new I485.

But I think you don't have to if you don't withdraw your old 485 and the EAD and AP are based on still pending 485.

good luck everyone

You are lucky guy since even as per NOW PROCESSING dates for 485 you are still 5months out of their dates (current dates are 10 OPct 2006), so how & why they processed your case remians a mystery.

You are an out-of-turn lucky guy.

CONGRATS.

See my case status exactly like you, still waiting. DO you think it is time to bother them with letters to process my case on the grounds that my NC is supposedly clear. DO you think it is justified to bother them now even though I am 5 months out of NOW PROCESSING date for my I-485.

Dear Friends,

This has been a very useful forum for me during my long journey to to get a green card for my spouse and me.

I wanted to share my 2 cents .

1. Concurrent filing I 140 NIW EB2 and I485. Sept 2005 just before retrogression.
2. I 140 approved Oct 2005:D
3. FP Oct 2005.
4. EAD and AP approved Nov 2005:D
5. No change for months. Medical Feb2006
6. Filed I-140 EB1A August 2006
7. Renewed EAD and AP August 2006.
8. EB-1A I-140 approved Nov 2006.
9. Request for Interfiling Nov 2006.EB1A 140 with prior I485.
10. No acknowledgement. sent at least 2 more requests.:confused:
11 Infopass Feb 2007 - no information about Interfiling request.
12. Refiled new I-485 Feb 2007. (with new medical)
13. FP March 2007 for new I485.
14. I485 Approved April2007.:D
15 GC received 5 days later.:D :D :D

Approval notice shows PD as September 2005. Uses new I485 number and has RD as Feb 2007.
Go Figure.:confused: :confused: :confused:

In any case there was no penalty(except the fee) for refiling and therfore having 2 I 485 petitions.

I hope this is useful for all others in the process of interfiling/refiling.

Keep the faith.

Thank you all
1.The old I-485 was not withdrawn therfore remains valid.
2. I did not reapply for EAD and AP.
3.In fact on the approval day there was a LUD on the old I-485, new I-485 and EB-1 I-140. ( It seems all the dots were connected)
4. As far as the processing dates . I dont know which date was used to process the application the RD of Sept 2005 for the old I-485 , EB-1 Approval PD-Nov 2006 or new I-485 RD Feb 2007.

It is an interfile case. So, it does not necessarily follow the normal trend...
You are lucky guy since even as per NOW PROCESSING dates for 485 you are still 5months out of their dates (current dates are 10 OPct 2006), so how & why they processed your case remians a mystery.

You are an out-of-turn lucky guy.

CONGRATS.

See my case status exactly like you, still waiting. DO you think it is time to bother them with letters to process my case on the grounds that my NC is supposedly clear. DO you think it is justified to bother them now even though I am 5 months out of NOW PROCESSING date for my I-485.

Hi Guruwhizz,

May I ask when was your last time you sent your inter-filing request ? Did you send it after you filed your second 485 ?

thanks and congratulations

ooooo

that's my impression that interfiling cases are going to NSC. My old 485 was in TSC and it got transferred to NSC.

Hi oooooooooooooo,

did you contact NSC to know the status of your case? do you know whether your NC is cleared or not.

It is NOT an interfiling case. If you see he filed second I-485 so they processed his 2nd 485 based on EB-1 not the old one filed on the basis of NIW. Thast is more logical explanation than being optimistic about interfiling
It is an interfile case. So, it does not necessarily follow the normal trend...

Should both 140 be approved before relink I-485?

Hi, ooooo: Some people are saying that unless both I140 are approved, I485 cannot be relink to the I140 with earlier PD. Is this true and where you know I can find the document? Thanks.

Hi, ooooo: Some people are saying that unless both I140 are approved, I485 cannot be relink to the I140 with earlier PD. Is this true and where you know I can find the document? Thanks.

this is not correct. I know somebody who got his 485 filed and EAD & AP approved on concurrent filing in EB2 using earlier approved I140 in EB3 using PD portability.

Both I-140s (two categories) should be approved to relink. I do not know how it works with in the same category.

Just my 2 cents...They routinely accept the 485/AP/EAD. In other words, merely accepting the 485 may not indicate that what one does is correct. I am not saying if the procedure is right or wrong. All I am saying is that acceptance of 485 and approval of EAD/AP alone may not indicate if that procedure is fine...

For example, my 140 did not get touched when AP/EAD was approved. So, that might indicate that they do NOT necessarily look into the 140. They just make sure 485 is there. When they accept 485, they may not look into all the details about 140. They might scrutinize more at the approval stage.
this is not correct. I know somebody who got his 485 filed and EAD & AP approved on concurrent filing in EB2 using earlier approved I140 in EB3 using PD portability.

Hi there,
I have not checked your other postings to know your background. It appears that you are trying to re-link. I had tried re-linking my recently (sept 2006) I-140 with my pending 485. I think it is a wild goose chase. Since re-links are not routinely done, it is very difficult to get them done. Fortunately, my PD became current, even based on the 140 that is on file. so, I escaped.

If you read thro all the postings, you will realize that there are at the most couple of people who got it done, but, there are a lot of people still waiting for it to happen. One of them I think has waited well over a year.

My suggestion is to refile 485 (agreed, you will have to spend a little), but it is a much better route as you will see the movement (for example, getting a FP, etc). When you request relink, you will have no clue if someone looked at it or did they do anything about it. Based ont he cases here, I am tempted to say they did not do much in many cases.

Bottom line, if you try to relink, you will have to try several different ways (call here, call there, try this, try that) and you are NOT assured of the results. Second 485 on the other hand has proven results. Some one managed to file the second 485 and got it approved in 3 months.

Check with lawyer about the state of your EAD/AP which is probably approved on the basis of the first 485. Do you need to file another EAD/AP. A good time to file the second 485 is while you are renewing EAD/AP. Instead of renewing them, just apply new and attach a new 485 application. (you can try relinking until then). This will cut additional costs (only the cost of filing 485)..

thanks
Ela