EA approved, relink I-485?

NSC
Newhope2005 said:
That's reallly nice to hear!
Hopefully they will do the transfer.
I am still waiting to hear anything from them yet...
Which service center are you with?
I sent to VSC.
Good luck.

I sent a request to relink I-485 to an approved EB1-OR in Sept 2005, nothing happened so far.

But yesterday I noticed the LUD of my approved EB1-OR I-140 changed without message update. No LUD change for I-485.

Don't know what this means, but this seems to match what ghong98 saw on his/her case.

BTW, I'm with NSC too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Required docs

ghong98, NewHope2005 and shokaido,

Hello guys, I'm in the same boat as u all are. Here are my case details

I 140 (NIW): RD 09/27/2005; RFE RD 01/19/2005;LUD 01/23/2006
I 485 concurrently: RD 9/27/2005;LUD 11/08/2005
LC (EB2, PERM): PD 09/30/2005, Certified 10/24/2005;
I 140 (EB2):RD 11/07/2006, AD 12/15/2006, LUD 01/03/2006

My lawyer screwed up earlier labor certification so had to start over again. Anyway can any one please provide with the format letter and documents req. ( Certified I140, I485 receipt.. am i missing anything here? ) to applying for relinking?

Thanks in advance

I just wrote a simple letter stating i would like to shift the base of the pending I-485 to the already approved I-140.
A copy of the approved I-140 , copy of the pending I-485 should be provided.
Also, in the letter, highlight your A# and approved I-140 case number, pending I-485 number.
On the envelope, write "attn: replace I-140 to I-485" and mail it to where you filed I-485.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

NewHope2005,

Thanks for the suggestions. Do i need to take reference of pearson memo, in the writeup ?

GCRookie,

Here is what I enclosed in my request to relink:

1. A cover letter explaining what you want to do;
2. Copy of approval notice of the I-140 to link to;
3. Copy of I485 receipt notice;
4. Company offer letter (if your I-140 to link to is a company-sponsored)
5. Payroll record in 2004 and 2005 (just a print-out of all my salary earnings)
6. A copy of the Michael Pearson Memo

Thanks

shokaido,

Thanks alot for the help. I will send the letter and the required documents tommorow. By the way, I just noticed that LUD of my approved I-140 has changed to 03/30/2006, don't know why? message still says the same thing. Has anyone noticed similar change? Just wanted to confirm whether it is just my application or they are doing some kind of update because of the Bi-specialization.

Thanks
GCRookie

GCRookie,

My I-140 had an LUD update as well on 03/24/2006, which was approved in July 2005. No message change either.

Hey Everyone,

i am on the same boat after my EB1A was approved on 04/18/06 while another 140 (NIW) with 485 pending with TSC center.

Do you have any update after you interfiling ? I am about to do the same next week

thank you and wish all good luck

update

No changes in my application after i submitted the letter. Has anyone seen any changes recently?

Hi Genuine,
I am not sure if you still visit these forums. If you do, I have a question:
What number did you use to reach the service center directly? The number posted on the website (800-375-5283) goes to some central call processing office.
I am in a similar situation as you were.

Thanks in advance.

genuine said:
Newhope,

I was in the same situation as you last year and successfully re-linked my pending 485 with the approved 140 after talking to a VSC officer.

I filed for EB2 NIW and 485 in late 2003. Then I realized that my lawyer did a bad job so I filed EB1-EA in 2004 on my own. Sure enough, the EB1 was approved while I was responding to RFE on the EB2. I called VSC a week after, and reached somebody at the service center (not the people at the phone center), who was incredibly nice and helpful. I explained my situation to him. He said immediately that the 485 could be re-linked to the approved EB1, but put me on hold while he confirmed with others. I was only too happy to wait. Then he came back to the phone and confirmed it, saying that actually, once one of the 140's is approved, the 485 should be automatically re-linked to the approved 140. In other words, even if I wanted to, thearetically my 485 would not be based on EB2 (which it was originally attached to), but would be based on EB1 (which was approved first). He apologized that the system failed to do the re-linking automatically. He took care of the re-linking, and within a week, my 485 was approved.

kodak57 said:
Hi Genuine,
I am not sure if you still visit these forums. If you do, I have a question:
What number did you use to reach the service center directly? The number posted on the website (800-375-5283) goes to some central call processing office.
I am in a similar situation as you were.
Thanks in advance.
try using that way...yes it will reach central facility but u can get answers for all queries!!!
800 375 5283
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for app #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Press 3 or 4 when it says u have file Multiple applicaiton, by selecting this option u will be connected with

Thanks for your response eb1doc. I assume you meant that I will be connected to an officer at VSC.
I will follow your instructions. I am waiting for the approval of my 2nd 140 application. I expect to find out about it this week.

Thanks again.

eb1doc said:
try using that way...yes it will reach central facility but u can get answers for all queries!!!
800 375 5283
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for app #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Press 3 or 4 when it says u have file Multiple applicaiton, by selecting this option u will be connected with

Hey Everyone,

would you please tell me if you all have PD current for your EB1 ? My case is that my PD for EB1 is 2005/10/03 and from China which is not even current yet. My NIW 485 was sent before 2005/10/01 when the retrogression began. Shall I wait until it becomes current to send in the "interfiling" request ?

please keep me posted about any update on your cases

thanks a lot

eb1doc said:
800 375 5283
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for app #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Just some updates, folks.
I called following eb1doc's dialing suggestions and i did get collected to NSC and VSC ( i called twice).
VSC told me they can't do the transfer over the phone. But the lady told me as long as there is one approved I-140, I-485 is fine. She told me it would be up to the adjudicator who is handling the case to decide which I-140 to follow. I think she might not be familiar with this interlink situition. I may have to call again sometime later.
NSC told me also they won't do it over the phone but i can write them. I told him i already mailed a letter for the interlink. He told me they are processing letters they received early March.
Yesterday, i received a letter from NSC acknowledging the receipt of my letter on March 7 2006. But it didn't say anything more. Then it said my case is still pending because of security check. The listed file number is the I-485 number that i would like to relink.
It is taking so long for security check. Mine is pending there for almost 8 months. I would like to file EAD, AP soon but also afraid if the relink won't be accepted and my NIW I-140 denied eventually. or should i just file another I-485 with the approved EA I-140? I am at the crossing.
any suggestions, comments would be great.
You folks might try to call the service centers and let us know what you got.
It took me only 3 mins to get collected following the dialing instructions above.
Thanks eb1doc for the nice hint.
good luck.
Newhope2005

NIW I140/I485 concurrently filed NSC RD 09/07/2005, I-140 RFE on 09/13/2005. RFE RD 11/3/2005. LUD 12/15/2005
EA -140 RD 08/02/2005. (VSC). AD 02/22/2006.
Relink request RD 03/07/2006. NO LUD.

You are welcome !
well, Shall i suggest you to file EAD...beacuse if they look for EAD application and if there is interlinking issue......they will sort out for that..............before giving any decision on EAD.

Update!

Hi all,

The LUD on my pending I-140 changed on May 19. There is no change in the message, so it looks like they are doing something with my case. Hope everything is ok and it will be approved or inter-linked.

GCRookie

I just mailed out my request for interfiling to TSC. Anyone has ever done this to TSC ? Will post any update.

thank you for the great info

I did it myself, just breifly describtion of my situation ( EB1A approved, 485 pending with NIW) and list the basic info.