E3D visa / LCA expiry / I-94 dates

megdavidson26

Hi,

Hoping to gain some clarification here.

I am on an E3D visa (the visa in my passport has the designation E3R as it's a recurring visa). My husband is the principal visa holder.

Visa expiry date: April 2024
LCA expiry date: July 2023
I-94 date: August 2025

My husband renewed his E3 visa AFTER me, so the LCA showing in my passport is now expired. We went on an international vacation in August 2023 so my latest I-94 is showing the right to stay in the U.S. until August 2025.

When we last entered CPB said it would be safer for me to travel with a copy of my husbands new LCA (showing the updated expiry date) just to be on the safe side. I actually have no plans to leave the U.S. for the foreseeable future.

I just want to check that legally I am allowed to stay until the date on my I-94.

Thank you.

From what I know, your visa status is typically tied to your spouse's as long as you're in the U.S. and your spouse maintains their status. Since your latest I-94 indicates you can stay until August 2025, you should be good to stay until then, regardless of the LCA expiration in your passport. Having a copy of your husband's updated LCA sounds like a good precaution, as CBP often appreciates having all the relevant documentation. If you're ever uncertain, reaching out to an immigration attorney or checking with the USCIS directly could provide peace of mind. Best of luck!