e3 can u apply for greencard?

anu3982

Registered Users (C)
hello,
my friend from australia is planning to apply for e3 highly skilled worker instead of h1-at a later point can he apply for green card? would they cancel his e3 if they come to know he is applying for green card ? what happens?

anu

E3/gc?

I am an E3 holder and am applying for my GC. I haven't had any issues so far (EAD approved, AP approved, GC Pending). I was also worried that being on an E3 would hurt my GC process, but my attorney advised me that 'non-permanence' portion of the E3 actually meant that I would be required to leave upon termination of my status - ie. that I wouldn't remain here illegally. Additionally, there is no actual legislation stating that the E3 is NOT a dual-intent visa, so in the absence of information to the contrary we are continuing with my processing. If timelines are somewhat followed, I should know the outcome in the next 3 months or so. I'll let you know.

:)

E3 to GC

Hi,
I read your post about applying for GC via E3. Any updates? have you received your GC?
Please tell me the process so that I can also do it. Is there any waiting that I have to be here for a long time before I can apply?

thanks

Hi,
I read your post about applying for GC via E3. Any updates? have you received your GC?
Please tell me the process so that I can also do it. Is there any waiting that I have to be here for a long time before I can apply?

thanks

There is a forum called British Expats and a thread just on E3 to GC. There are some people who have gotten their green card whilst on a E3 visa. I am in the same boat and I don't think there is anything to worry about. Just go through the process as normal and with any luck there may be some immagration #s available to be issued to all of us.

Yes, I just got my GC last week. I was on E3. I did not have any issues with either my LC, my I140 or my AOS.

I hope the same will hold true for others on E3.

:)

hello,
my friend from australia is planning to apply for e3 highly skilled worker instead of h1-at a later point can he apply for green card? would they cancel his e3 if they come to know he is applying for green card ? what happens?

anu

Can someone with a criminal conviction and absconding on child maintenance plus other legal issues from a reciprocal country eg Australia apply for an E3 or other kind of professional work Visa or GC without being investigated? Or is E3 based on skill only regardless of background....what kind of check is done? Am just curious.

Chreya

Curious about rules for applying for E3 or GC whether a check is done on criminal convictions or child-maintenance issues for anyone from Australia wanting to get a GC.

E3 is not same as H/L visas. Before E3, If you have already filed for adjustment, you are good.I was told by my lawyer that once you show immigrant intent, E3 may not be renewed.

Hi Coomazen.
I'm Australian based applying for an E3 to GC. Could you please supply the details of your lawyer? Were they in Australia or in USA whilst you applied for the GC.
I need to get a lawyer ready for when I have the process ready.
Thank you kindly.
email is sera_post@hotmail.com
cheers