E2 Visa and Greencard

nico_world

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have been told that getting an E2 visa makes the future transfer to get a greencard difficult.

Could you confirm?

Thanks in advance.
Nicolas

E1 visa and green card

Hello,

I have been told that getting an E1 visa makes the future transfer to get a greencard difficult.

Could you confirm?

Thanks in advance.
Nicolas

It certainly doesn't make it easy. I guess the question would be "what would the basis be for a GC filing?" You will never get an LC based on employment with a company that you control so that is pretty much out.

E2

You can get a GC only if your business grows to a net worth of $1mil and you have 10 employees you will be eligible to file for a GC on E2 visa

E1 E2

E1 visa is different it is like opening a branch over here in US and the headquaters in your home country. Something like L1

If you have $500000 to $1mil you can apply in the EB5 category for direct green card

Will I be eligible to apply for a GC under the EB5 category?

You can get a GC only if your business grows to a net worth of $1mil and you have 10 employees you will be eligible to file for a GC on E2 visa

I have an E-2 Visa and I did 600K the last year, I was wondering if i could apply for a GC under the EB5 category, or I should invest that kind of money in order to apply.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.