E2 Spousal Visa in Administrative Processing. Any experience? Timescales and Why?

Lammy74

I have been with my fiance for a little over 2 years. We were going to get married later this year. We are both British citizens

I moved here on an E2 Visa last February. My at the time Fiance (Now my wife) came over to see me, s well as holiday and travel around to see family, on back to back ESTA's. She was advised to get a B1/B2 Visa. Unfortunately this was denied twice under 214b.

As a result, we decided to bring the wedding forward and got married on 4th January in Tobago. She had her interview at the Embassy last Monday, 14th January. They took a copy of my visa and our marriage certificate and issued her a 221g letter stating Administrative Processing; no further information was necessary and was told that she would "receive an E-Mail shortly"

Any ideas why this may be the case and it wasn't issued there and then? Do they do additional security checks or are they checking our marriage is legitimate as she went from a B1 refusal to an E2 spouse?

The interviewers questions did seem to focus on on our relationship:

"How long have you been together" - 2 Years
"Have you ever lived together" - yes, in England throughout 2017 to Feb 2018 when I traveled to USA
"When have you seen him since August" (When she last left USA) - for 2 weeks Sept / October in Canada, then in Tobago for 2 weeks at end of December early January when we got married.

I don't know if this indicates they are investigating the validity of our Marriage and how they would do this?

It's so frustrating that we can't find out why, no further info has been requested and the last update on CEAC status was 1st February.

I would be grateful to hear of anyone else's similar experiences and expected wait times?

Many thanks,

AP puts an applicant in a sort of black hole, no one knows for sure what goes on, a combination of background/security checks and validity of all information. Unfortunately, AP can be as long as the Embassy needs, usually a few days/weeks, occasionally months, and in rare cases, years. It is what it is.

Interview in a 3rd country, previous visa denials certainly add to the wait.

AP puts an applicant in a sort of black hole, no one knows for sure what goes on, a combination of background/security checks and validity of all information. Unfortunately, AP can be as long as the Embassy needs, usually a few days/weeks, occasionally months, and in rare cases, years. It is what it is.

Interview in a 3rd country, previous visa denials certainly add to the wait.

Sorry I wasn't clear, all interviews were in London.

It's just so frustrating that we can get no information. Other than "Email the embassy after 60 days"

Ok, but the rest of my statement stands. AP is open-ended, usually London is quick with visas, but perhaps there's something in her background that requires scrutiny.

Ok, but the rest of my statement stands. AP is open-ended, usually London is quick with visas, but perhaps there's something in her background that requires scrutiny.

Understood. She's never had so much as a speeding ticket, a proper Mary Poppins! Thank you for your thoughts.

Sorry I wasn't clear, all interviews were in London.

It's just so frustrating that we can get no information. Other than "Email the embassy after 60 days"

Well, you're approaching the 60 days, a good time to email them if things stay stagnant till then.