E2/b2

Lahla

I'm in the UK and planning on going over to the US shortly to look for an E2 business. I would really like to allow myself longer than the permitted 90 days in case it's needed. Is it possible to ask for an extension on arrival in the US or do I have to apply for a B2 visa?

Lahla said:
I'm in the UK and planning on going over to the US shortly to look for an E2 business. I would really like to allow myself longer than the permitted 90 days in case it's needed. Is it possible to ask for an extension on arrival in the US or do I have to apply for a B2 visa?

You would need a B-2 since there is no extension or change of status permitted when you enter under the Visa Waiver Program.

Hi

I am from the UK and living in Florida

If you need any help, just pm your contact number and I will call you

You cannot extend on the visa waiver, best to apply for B 2 whilst you can and are able to prove family and property ties to the UK

I do know some one who came out on a B visa, bought a business whilst they were here and applied for an E visa at Texas.

The visa has been approved but technically they have to go back to the UK to have interview and passport stamped.

I do not think the consulate will look too favourably on their application as it will seem the intension when they got the B visa was to stay in the US. The final decision is up to London, Just cos Texas approved, does not mean everything will be hunky dorey!

You may want to check out the web site below, there is a business for sale which may be of interest to you as the owners have a 5 year E visa

Thanx very much for your responses. I am applying for the B2 visa and will be telling the embassy the truth .. that I am going over there to look for an E2 business, so they will know that the likelihood of me actually buying one while I'm there is high. I take it they're okay with people getting B2s for this purpose?

Re your friend Susan .. my attorney advised me that once immigration approve it, then that's you got the green light and the interview with the consulate is just a formality. Or have I been given the wrong info?? :confused:

Lahla said:
Thanx very much for your responses. I am applying for the B2 visa and will be telling the embassy the truth .. that I am going over there to look for an E2 business, so they will know that the likelihood of me actually buying one while I'm there is high. I take it they're okay with people getting B2s for this purpose?

Re your friend Susan .. my attorney advised me that once immigration approve it, then that's you got the green light and the interview with the consulate is just a formality. Or have I been given the wrong info?? :confused:

Hi

No, sorry that is not correct . Until such times as you have the E visa stamped in your passport, nothing is definate.

I really need to speak to you regarding these cases, not on an open forum. so PM me and I will call you

And yes allways tell the truth, A b visa is a non immigrant visa, you will need to prove ties to go back to your home country. A freind did come on a B visa then bought a business and stayed, Texas approved E visa but they have to go back to London for interview and if approved passport stamped.

I am not an attorney, this is IMHO

Take a look at www.expatsvoice.org join and ask questions