E-mail (CRIS)

eb2007

Registered Users (C)
I had service request put up yesterday (NSC) and today I recieved an email from USCIS. It states that:

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we recently requested refresh of the fingerprints on file. Your case is currently in suspense until we complete this process. This may take 30 days from the date of this letter.

What does that means?? Do I have to go for finger printing again? We were already finger printed at the time of initial I485 application.

Please suggest..

I had service request put up yesterday (NSC) and today I recieved an email from USCIS. It states that:

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we recently requested refresh of the fingerprints on file. Your case is currently in suspense until we complete this process. This may take 30 days from the date of this letter.

What does that means?? Do I have to go for finger printing again? We were already finger printed at the time of initial I485 application.

Please suggest..

did you did ur last finger printing 15 months ago
soem get lucky some get re invited in I-485 is still pending

Yeah I got it about 15 months back...seems like there is no definitive answer to this....I guess I will wait for the notice. But I read from one of AILA's earlier publications that if you got your finger print done after July 2007 then there is no need to get it re-done.
Lets see...
Thanks

Hi eb2007,

I got the same letter yesterday after issuing SR last week. Have you got the fingerprint notice now? Or still waiting? I am thinking if I should go to infopass to get a fingerprint notice and then do a walk-in fingerprint. What do you think?

Thanks,
kotoli

Hi Kotoli,
I think this is their way of buying some time. I guess you would have got the same e-mail and it was mentioned in the letter that this "refresh of finger print" process might take 30 days from the date of the letter. I want to wait for a while before I go for infopass appointment. When did you file your application?

Yes, I got exactly the same reply of "refresh of the fingerprints" from USCIS but it is in regular mail instead of email. I filed my I-485 application in AUG 2007 and got the first fingerprint in early DEC 2007 (i.e. ~ 15months ago). I am on EB2 ROW.

I think if I don't get something in 2 weeks time then I will take an infopass appointment...just keep your fingers cross....I know this wait is killing at times.
Good luck

Neither on mine. If I don't get any update this week, I will do infopass some time next week and hopefully I can do FP immediately after that.

Help with a NIW case pending since 07/31/2007

Friends,

I have a pending I-140 NIW (RD = July 31, 2007) filed at TSC concurrently with two I-485 applications (me and spouse). The last LUD online was a soft LUD on 10/27/2007 and that’s it.

Since my I-140 RD is past processing dates (currently Dec. 15. 2007), I’ve called USCIS Cust. Serv. Cntr. and placed an SR end of February. A week ago, I received a letter from CIS stating the following:

“We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below. A supervisor will review for pass processing.”

What do I expect after that? Does anyone has (or knows of) similar experience?

I have searched the net and it seems that the first part of the message is typical when there is an FBI name check. However, the last sentence regarding the “supervisor” and “pass processing” is vague to me?

Thanks for you responses,

S

I received an email from USCIS a month back that they have requested refresh of finger prints and that would take about 30 days. It has been over 30 days now and there have been no updates.
I had infopass appointment 2 days back regarding my pending I485 . I was told that my name check and finger prints are clear. The IO said that he doesn't know why it has been delayed. I filed my case at NSC in Oct 2007. I know the processing dates still shows Aug 2007 but I know many people who filed in 2008 and has got their cases approved.
Please suggest me about my options...

I had infopass last week. For my case, the IO just helped me to email to push for issuing the fingerprint notice. He said my case was reviewed a week ago but didn't give any further information.

Hi Kotoli,
Looks like your case will be adjudicated soon....Good luck with that.
I just talked to the representative and I was told to call back after 45 days of service request are over...I guess I will have to wait for a while..

ok..i've read on the forums that people who paper file do not get 2nd FPs..ur case confirmed that this is not true..my FPs will expire May first week..so i can expect my 2nd FP anytime now