e-filing - problem with previous petition record

Texas_NIW

Registered Users (C)
EB1-EA e-filing - problem with previous petition record

I have earlier applied for NIW (by post). I am trying to efile a new EB1EA petition now. Problem I am facing is in the part 4 of I-140. When I answer 'YES" to the question "6. Has any immigrant visa petition ever been filed by or on behalf of this person?". It asks me to "provide the case number, office location, date of decision and disposition of the decision in the text box below."

BUT it is not acccepting my reply of my case number Lin******, date filed **/**/**** and status as pending and keeps popping the question. I can not bypass this question and proceed.

Has anyone ever faced this problem and found any solution to counter this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I will appreciate if someone could provide input in this regard. I need to submit soon. thanks in advance

This actually sounds like a browser problem.

Are you using a Mac or Firefox or anything like that? Try doing it from a different computer or a different browser on the same computer.

It is not a browser problem as the error messages continues to ask me to fill in the details.
I have seen many guys on this forum have submitted more than one application and they must have faced this question. It will be great if any one of those can share his expereince and the solution for this.

It is not a browser problem as the error messages continues to ask me to fill in the details.
I have seen many guys on this forum have submitted more than one application and they must have faced this question. It will be great if any one of those can share his expereince and the solution for this.

My attorney did it for me .. I will send an email to her and let you know if i get any feed back from her

The question is directly on the form. It doesn't matter if you print it out or if you file electronically.

Please, can an experienced petitioner respond to the question?

Thank you,

I admit that I just filed my I-140 on paper, not electronically. So I don't have experience with e-filing. But I have tremendous experience with online forms, and you have not convinced me of why I'm wrong. If I am out of line, I apologize in advance.
What I understood from the above is that you are entering some information in a text box and the clicking "next" or "continue" or whatever, but it just pops the same question back at you like you haven't answered it. It doesn't let you proceed to the next question. If so, what I meant by "browser problem" is that either your browser or the DHS website is not recognizing your entry in that particular text box as a response and is asking you for it again. The reason it is not recognizing your text may be due to certain characters you are typing, such as "/" or "," or something else. Or it may simply be too long a response for that textbox (unlikely). That is why I suggested it may be some browser (i.e. recognition) problem.

Anyway, I tried to help.

Tried a small reply , just the receipt number, didn't work. Only thing I can try now is to use my office computer for submitting the form ( at hoem I am using PC with Internet Explorer 7), if that solves the problem otherwise I am still open to suggestions.
thanks everyone for trying

just a thought .. clear cookies, cache etc .. then try ... may be already tried .. sorry