E-filing EAD or paper filing EAD with TSC?

TXLL

Registered Users (C)
I had bad experience when I did E-filing to renew my EAD last year. It took 4 months for TSC to approve my E-filed EAD. Now I have waited for my 485 for almost three years, the renewal time of EAD (4th one!!!) is coming again. Anyone had paper filing EAD experience recently? Is paper filing faster than E-filing now in TSC?

Your suggestion will be appreciated!!!

I-485 RD: 4-2002
I-485 REF: 06-2004
FP: 8-2004
AD: ???

I have not done e-filing. But have paper filed. Its easy and took them just 2 weeks to approve it. BTW did u call TSC no and ask about your RFE response. If its pending for more than 60 days u can call and inquire. Also the official processing date is way past your ND. I suggest call TSC and speak to a rep.

Cheers

Tanjar

Now days EAD situatin is different, as many ppl shared they got in between 1-2 months.

I always file Paper EAD because, but my personal understanding is its simple. and take less time.(you may not agree with me on this :D )

Paper EAD
Fill out applicaiton and send in one envlope with PHoto+suppt docs and wait for receipt.
(backdraw: typo + receipt wait tension)

In E-file
Online filling (You are responsible in any Typo),
Pluse
you also have to send supporting doc (why not send Paper EAD. u already sending this)
Pluse
You have to appear on Local INS office for Photo. (How much time (Three Hour story???).
(backdraw: time + possible glitch or system error issue in their comp. because of electronic, possible delay, to get in queue.)

Good LUck

Thanks for the info.

I will do the paper filing then, though I will lose several days for the RD. My EAD is expiring by the beginning of April. Hopefully, I either get my I-485 Approval or EAD Approval before that.

I did three Inquiries to 1-800#, two letters from TSC saying that "your case is still pending." I am waiting for the third letter from TSC responding to my inquiry.

I am very frustrated by the situation. I485 is still pending and my lawyer is demanding payment whenever I call him about my case. Do I still need my lawyer at this point?

TXLL said:
I will do the paper filing then, though I will lose several days for the RD. My EAD is expiring by the beginning of April. Hopefully, I either get my I-485 Approval or EAD Approval before that.
Always try to file EAD renewal before 120 days EAD expires, some time it stuck in mail room and RFE, holidays non working days, human factor etc , so you won't be effected by that , just advise incase.

I did three Inquiries to 1-800#, two letters from TSC saying that "your case is still pending." I am waiting for the third letter from TSC responding to my inquiry.
Would u like to share in detail ur story plz?

I am very frustrated by the situation. I485 is still pending and my lawyer is demanding payment whenever I call him about my case. Do I still need my lawyer at this point?
Two different issue,

1. frusted because long wait and pending?
2. frusted because Attorney is aksing rest of his money?
3. Or he/she just asking to help you out in this pending 485 matter?

Would u like to share?

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustrated on all issues related to INS!!!

Just called Congressman to follow up my case. I was told since I sent another inquiry after I asked congressman to inquiry my case, they can't follow up my case. I have to write another letter to the congressman to allow them to inquire on my case. Also, I should not call 1-800 again if I want the congressman to find out my case status.

Anyway, it has been such a long waiting...

And why did u say them about whole story?

the operators have no way to find about it. they are well trained to give enough reason either call next weekk,month or after 60+ day, or Never.

Many shared that they followed the formula and have feelings that many possible situation were avoided before they accur.

hope it would help.

1. God has given two Ears to listen and one tounge this mean listen double than speak. :D

2. Dealing with org like this, make it simple rule,

a: Didn't ask Didn't tell.

b:. Tell things that only was asked.

c: Never try to get/accept any sympthy from opt, neither show ur frustration, anger, upset, high-tone, but be polite, supper nice, ask respectivly. and straight.

d. Keep focus only on current issue. don't mix, don't confuse. no leanthy story to them. two line direct question

Hope it would help others :D

Good Luck

I had a bad exp when i E-filed for my 2nd renewal, so this time i made sure i paper file it. It worked, i got approval and got the card in 5 weeks.

Good Luck!

PrinceofJungle said:
Now days EAD situatin is different, as many ppl shared they got in between 1-2 months.

I always file Paper EAD because, but my personal understanding is its simple. and take less time.(you may not agree with me on this :D )

Paper EAD
Fill out applicaiton and send in one envlope with PHoto+suppt docs and wait for receipt.
(backdraw: typo + receipt wait tension)

In E-file
Online filling (You are responsible in any Typo),
Pluse
you also have to send supporting doc (why not send Paper EAD. u already sending this)
Pluse
You have to appear on Local INS office for Photo. (How much time (Three Hour story???).
(backdraw: time + possible glitch or system error issue in their comp. because of electronic, possible delay, to get in queue.)

Good LUck

Hi,
I am going to file EAD and AP for myself and my wife all by myself. my checklist is as follows:
1. EAD Fee ($175)
2. 2 Passport Style Photos
3. Form I-765 EAD
4. Enlarged Copy (front & Back) EAD card
5. Enlarged Copy of Passport Information Page.

and for I-131 AP
1. AP fee ($165)
3. Form I-131
4. Copy of old AP

I am making two different packages one for EAD and One for AP to ship to USCIS separately. But I am packaging mine and my wife’s document in the same package.
My question is:-
Is there any other document I need to supply to USCIS for EAD or AP filing. am I missing something?
Can I put my wife’s and my document in the same package since I am applying for both of us.

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

I E-filed!

my first EAD on Nov-3 and waiting. I am not sure what the difference between both but paper filing is faster I noticed in the last 2 months.

Man

man1203 said:
my first EAD on Nov-3 and waiting. I am not sure what the difference between both but paper filing is faster I noticed in the last 2 months.

Man
man1203,
Can you tell me what document you need to send to TSC for EAD and AP I am sending the following documents: and I am doing postal mail.
I am going to file EAD and AP for myself and my wife all by myself. my checklist is as follows:
1. EAD Fee ($175)
3. Form I-765 EAD
4. Enlarged Copy (front & Back) EAD card

and for I-131 AP
1. AP fee ($165)
3. Form I-131
4. Copy of old AP

I am making two different packages one for EAD and One for AP to ship to USCIS separately. But I am packaging mine and my wife’s document in the same package.
My question is:-
Is there any other document I need to supply to USCIS for EAD or AP filing. am I missing something?
Can I put my wife’s and my document in the same package since I am applying for both of us.

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

gckajadoo

check lise for 765.

1. Form I-765
2. Copy of I-140 approval. (if have)
3. Copy of 485 receipt. (must if renewal. - if first time EAD then send all together 485+765 on 485 address not 765)
4. Copy of Employment Authorization Card
5. Copy of I-94
6. 2 x Pictures
7. A Check in the amount of $175 for the filling fees

if u are from SR country do send I94 copy
Dont forget to sign on form they won't accept.

send one package 765 include both ur + spouse in two different evnelope do write very clearly on both package+envelope 'form 765'

Good luck

PrinceofJungle said:
gckajadoo

check lise for 765.

1. Form I-765
2. Copy of I-140 approval. (if have)
3. Copy of 485 receipt. (must if renewal. - if first time EAD then send all together 485+765 on 485 address not 765)
4. Copy of Employment Authorization Card
5. Copy of I-94
6. 2 x Pictures
7. A Check in the amount of $175 for the filling fees

if u are from SR country do send I94 copy
Dont forget to sign on form they won't accept.

send one package 765 include both ur + spouse in two different evnelope do write very clearly on both package+envelope 'form 765'

Good luck
THANKS a Lot POJ,
I will take care of all these documents. I donot have I-140 Copy as yet, I got an RFE on that. But I do have Receipt Notice for I-140 & I-485. Do you suggest I should send both of them ?

yes ,send both of them for u as well as your spouse. Make a covering letter one for each of u for each application and make sure u list all docs u are attaching. In your spouse's application mention derivative beneficiary in parantheses. Also submit a copy of your 140 receipt/approval notice with your spouse's applciation. Put your EAD application in one cover (cover A) and your AP docs in a cover (cover B). Put your spouse's EAD in cover C and AP in cover D. sela each cover and imprint in bold letters "Application for Employement auto ------(1-765)" . Put cover A and cover c in a fedex/ US mail cover and mail it to EAD specific PO. Likewise cover B and cover D into another US mail/fedex cover and mail it to AP specific PO. Hope i jhave not confused u. Let us know if u have some questions.

Cheers

Tanjar

tanjar said:
yes ,send both of them for u as well as your spouse. Make a covering letter one for each of u for each application and make sure u list all docs u are attaching. In your spouse's application mention derivative beneficiary in parantheses. Also submit a copy of your 140 receipt/approval notice with your spouse's applciation. Put your EAD application in one cover (cover A) and your AP docs in a cover (cover B). Put your spouse's EAD in cover C and AP in cover D. sela each cover and imprint in bold letters "Application for Employement auto ------(1-765)" . Put cover A and cover c in a fedex/ US mail cover and mail it to EAD specific PO. Likewise cover B and cover D into another US mail/fedex cover and mail it to AP specific PO. Hope i jhave not confused u. Let us know if u have some questions.

Cheers

Tanjar
Thanks Tanjar,
It is great help. I will do exactly the same.
Thanks,

address for EAD filing????

tanjar said:

Cheers

Tanjar

Tanjar,
Thanks for your help. I have another question about the address to file at
The address given in the form for C9 category (i guess this is for employment based category under column 16 of EAD form) is :
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P. O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Is this the right address for a person living in ALABAMA.

Please let me know I want to send the application today.
Thanks
gckajadoo

PrinceofJungle said:
It seems u are EB based, and falls in TSC zone.

c(9) mean ur have pending 485 in that center

Are u planing to send Chicago?? why is that?

follow the chart for Alabama on Page # 9.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf

Good Luck
THanks for the help POJ,
I guess ur right. I got confused with all that information on first page of the I765 form. you are right I have to send it to Texas not chicago.
Thanks again
Gckajadoo