e-file how long before Finger Print ?

hoochie

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I efiled my EAD renewal on 12th Oct, Mailed in my Supporting Docs and saw an LUD on 21st Oct.

Question is : How long before I get the Fingerprint notifcation for the EAD renewal. I filed mine at the National Benefit Center.

Any inputs here will be very helpful.

Note - In the meantime I had a 485 interview at local office (24th Oct) - Everything was fine - but didnt get approved as my date was not current.

Thanks, Hoochie.

How long after Finger Print.

I got my FP notice for the 23rd of Nov. My EAD is expiring end of Nov.

How long does it take after finger print in the case of National Benefit Center.

Someone help please - I am paranoid.

Thanks, Hoochie

I am not a lawyer, this is just my understanding

O boy, you should have done it atleast 3 months b4 current one expires. I am not sure if there is any expedite EAD process in NBC, but you certainly have in other service centers.

Take an infopass with local office and meet an IO, explain your situation, as your pending application is in NBC it might help. Also you could contact your local senator's office, explain the situation this also helps

Thanks b_boy. I did apply on July 24th four months back. But my file got transferred from Nebraska to National Benefit Center in the mean time. Noticing my Check was not cased I efiled again.

I will try the infopass and also keep my fingers and toes crossed ;-))

Thanks, Hoochie

Thanks b_boy. I did apply on July 24th four months back. But my file got transferred from Nebraska to National Benefit Center in the mean time. Noticing my Check was not cased I efiled again.

I will try the infopass and also keep my fingers and toes crossed ;-))

Thanks, Hoochie

Hoochie

So your check ever cashed ? I am in same boat filed on oct 12th (paper filing) so far "Check NOT cashed". I still have 3 1/2 months..so is it better to do an E-File ( 3 1/2 months before).. If so do they need previous EAD form (Original Form I-797 D (from last EAD);) I do not have it wit hme since i sent them thru earlier paper filing. Any suggestions would be most welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My checks have still not been cashed. I efiled again. Not sure if it got lost in the mail or the lawyer screwed up (this is my biggest suspicion).

What I learned - for EAD and AP - efile, efile, efile, efile - Not use a lawyer, dont use a lawyer, dont use a lawyer

Hope it helps. Hoochie

I filed myself..mail reached them on oct 15th..i have EFiled on 14th ..hope i get before Feb 28th...

Thanks

Hi,

I efiled for EAD and AP twice. Last year I got both of them within 3 weeks. This year I applied on July 29th and got AP on 09/13 (45 days) and EAD on 10/31 (3 months). It is better to apply at least 3 months before your EAD
expires. Supporting documents were sent to TSC and the file was transferred to MSC (NBC).

DL

Thanks Desilal. I e-filed again but the old one was rejected due to form not signed( doh!!!! ) .. gosh it took 38 days to return my application ..Do i need to send an letter to them that i have applied another one and please withrdraw this ..as i dont want to get delayed with this.