E-File EAD. Do we need FP scheduling by us, what docs to send

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
Can someone please advise, I am confused the customer service guy says no need for FP unless you get a notice. How some people are scheduling the FP, it is over 3 months and nothing received.

Which number should I call, if it is the usual number then I called and couldnot get any option where some one can schedule for FP and once I reached Customer Service they say no need,

some one pls advise hope they don't deny

If you efiled your EAD, the printout that you got after filing, should give you instructions on calling your USCIS center and scheduling a FP.

You call the I-800 number for your USCIS center to schedule an FP.
I think you go to the schedule appointment option and after that
I can't remember.
The only think I recall is that its not a very direct option to reach
someone to schedule a FP.

Maybe, someone else will be able to help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in your situation a week back. I went to service center & pleaded them to schedule an FP appointment immediately. She also mentioned that my case was approved already(a month back) & so cannot issue InterimEAD(since that was my 91st day after filing 765). She thinks, since they are waiting on my biometrics they may not be releasing the card. I received my card on the 5th day after I gave my biometrics.

In all actuality I went to service center hoping to get an Interim EAD since it was more than 90 days since I filed I-765. Bust since the case was already approved and the card was not released Information Officer suspected they may be waiting for FP. She asked me to schedule FP or wait for FP notice. I requested to issue me FP notice immediately citing my problems like loosing job. They cannot issue Interim EAD cards on approved cases.

Bottomline I did not call any number. I went to Service center.

jumbo7 said:
In all actuality I went to service center hoping to get an Interim EAD since it was more than 90 days since I filed I-765. Bust since the case was already approved and the card was not released Information Officer suspected they may be waiting for FP. She asked me to schedule FP or wait for FP notice. I requested to issue me FP notice immediately citing my problems like loosing job. They cannot issue Interim EAD cards on approved cases.

Sorry Jumbo, my questions was directed towards WorryGC and not you.
I know you had mentioned that you went to the Service Center and pleaded ...in your first post.

minn_labor

Don't recall the exact sequence but I heard the case status and then chose to talk to rep down the line as I got further options and once I reached him he said no need to go for FP untill you get the FP notice. This is for my spouse so I am not in a hurry as the H1 is valid till Feb end, but Just want to make sure it is not denied as after the H1 expiry the EAD needs to be used.
[ minn_labor]What number did you called USCIS at?
What number options did you use?[/QUOTE]

Jumbo7

did you send in any other supporitng docs after E-file.
jumbo7 said:

I did not send any other documents. Just mailed the standard stuff along with I765 application