E-3 Visa is shit!

E-3 Sufferer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I would like to inform everybody about E-3 visa which is a 2 years valid visa (technically its only 1.4 years visa because you need 6 months to renew it).Its an extreme disadvantage that extension of this visa and change of employer is extremely hard. Unlike all other non immigrant visa change of employer on E-3 visa may take upto 6 months. There is no portability like H1B where the employee can start working for the new employer straight away.

There is no premium processing available and there is no way to immediately renew or extend this visa until the holder exit USA and then goto a US consulate overseas.Going to consulate overseas means living cost,flights, higher risk of visa rejection etc. etc.

On E-3 visa the person have 10 days to leave USA (as the job ends) now within 10 days USCIS cannot decide/finalize employer change/renew case for E-3 then what E-3 visa holder must do?

Please comment and advise?

Thanks

Hi, My new employer have already applied for E3 visa transfer inside US.I am currently working in US for another employer.Due to current economic situation and financial position a lot of people are being laid off from my current employer. Now if my current employer lay me off, then should I leave US within 10 days or can I wait for the application outcome/approval of the E3 visa transfer already applied by another employer? Please suggest and advise?

The best thing to do is to just get a new e3 visa. Most people have done this with little problem for a new employer and avoided the more costly transfer fees. Just do it in Canada as well.

G'Day mate!
I am currently on an E-3 visa living in Seattle. My visa will expire in 5 months and I want to extend/renew my visa for another 2 years.
What all steps/formalities do I need to take? Have you or anyone else been through the E-3 renewal process? I would really appreciate if someone could guide me through.
Thanks,
Simon