Dwi And Effect On Fp And Name Check

santosh_30

Registered Users (C)
All:

Does the fact that one had a DWI imply that he/she will be subjected to mandatory name checks and the consequent lengthy delays? Or will they only be fingerrpinted like the rest? I applied for my I-485 and I-140 concurrently at CSC with a ND of 4/19/05 and a LUD of 424/05. No action on both I-140 and I-485 since then while I see others with similar ND getting fingerprint notices. Anyone in a similar situation? Any comments from the gurus (United Nations) here?

Your input will be much appreciated. My lawyer does not answer any questions and I feel utterly lost. I dont know if I have it in me to go through more waiting just because of name check.

Thanks,

-Greencarder

santosh_30 said:
All:

Does the fact that one had a DWI imply that he/she will be subjected to mandatory name checks and the consequent lengthy delays? Or will they only be fingerrpinted like the rest? I applied for my I-485 and I-140 concurrently at CSC with a ND of 4/19/05 and a LUD of 424/05. No action on both I-140 and I-485 since then while I see others with similar ND getting fingerprint notices. Anyone in a similar situation? Any comments from the gurus (United Nations) here?

Your input will be much appreciated. My lawyer does not answer any questions and I feel utterly lost. I dont know if I have it in me to go through more waiting just because of name check.

Thanks,

-Greencarder

I also did not receive FP notice yet... see signature for details. Its stuck in Name Check, Do not have any DUI though.

interview for sure

u will most likely get an interview in a local office.

the standard uscis policy is one that encourages denial delays and repression to the maximum even if you told them of a dui,they still want to harass you as long as they can by using national security as an excuse to delay your case for a few more years.

if you get transferred to sfo,then its going to be a long time, maybe a few years before u get your interview. sfo is the longest delay time and hope u dont get a interview

Thanks ac2_help

ac21 help

Thanks for your feedback. I am in San Diego. I have heard aobut DWI having to go through interviews but I do not know if DWI also triggers name check. If it is name check, looking at the other posts, it look slike it will be years before I even get to an interview. Anyy comments?

Thanks,

Santosh_30